export terrain block crash

I am trying to export terrain block, which crashes ( very tall in spots) & I send report to CE as well.
Does selecting a terrain 'area' grab all the 'height' or does one have to grab the entire terrain height ?

I 'm having trouble getting all the terrain sculpted height in the selection area,,is that why its crashing , that this tool isn't good at getting very
tall terrain areas, or just is a bit buggy in CE 5.5 or such ( I know a lot is in the works, so just asking ).

Ty

Re: export terrain block crash

Have you updated your Engine to the latest version?
Are you using GameSDK?
If you are using GameSDK have you updated that to the latest version as well?
What is your terrain max height?
How big is your map?
Are you exporting as trb?

Could not reproduce on 5.5 preview 6 GameSDK
I have imported a hightmap to a terrain max height 5000
then exported as terrain block without any issues.

Could you give us the exact reproduction steps?

Have you updated your Engine to the latest version?
Are you using GameSDK?
If you are using GameSDK have you updated that to the latest version as well?
What is your terrain max height?
How big is your map?
Are you exporting as trb?

Could not reproduce on 5.5 preview 6 GameSDK
I have imported a hightmap to a terrain max height 5000
then exported as terrain block without any issues.

Could you give us the exact reproduction steps?
Sorry for late response, have been unavailable.
If you mean Game SDK sample that can be downloaded, no atm I don't have enough ssd room- big sigh and hope to remedy Very soon .

As seen here> https://docs.cryengine.com/pages/viewpa ... d=25535304, it doesn't give any hints on how to grab very high terrain areas so what is the trick to this ? I can get 'close', but when I do seemingly get into height, I can't get entire base area, only 3/4, see PIC attached.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvVOuPY0RaB5hehiwF6JL-SIhknh7Q
When Itry to export what I've managed to select, it crashes on export attempt,- and I sent crash report with my email of g.leej@theheartseed.org

Terrain max height is 2048
Size is 256x256 with .25 M/Unit
I made it too small ( was testing), so I'm trying to export so i can paste onto appropriately larger terrain.

I'm having a really hard time grabbing all of it, any hints how you do it, or a video I've missed possibly ?

ty

Hi there,

GameSDK is not required for terrain import/export.
We cannot view your screenshot from our internal systems, we ask you find another image host provider to show us the problem you are having.
Make sure you do not select outside of the terrain and you may need to select smaller chunks if the editor is crashing when exporting.
Alternatively you can simply resize the terrain to a larger size, your original terrain should stay in the origin point.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Hi there,

We cannot view your screenshot from our internal systems, we ask you find another image host provider to show us the problem you are having.
Make sure you do not select outside of the terrain and you may need to select smaller chunks if the editor is crashing when exporting.
Alternatively you can simply resize the terrain to a larger size, your original terrain should stay in the origin point.
Hi there! ;)
Sorry for the week it took to respond, need a better email app, windows 10 mail is insufficient :)(for me anyway, and you can't filter with it so I'm going totry something else).
I'll upload it to onedrive I suppose and post back with url.

HM yes you're right, I'm sorry I didn't think of that, Im SO USED to ue4 ( another project) whereby resizing causes my entire world to resize as well, I'm So glad cryengine doesn't do that!!

I'll try both recommendations and get back to you very soon.

ty :0

Hi there,

I've tried with firefox and chrome, I'm unable to place a image INLINE like other engine boards so that like you've done, the image is SHOWN on the forum not as a link ,Its not working with google drive OR onedrive to place a inline image, and there is no 'upload image' with which to upload any image.

Is there a trick to this ? ;)