Several questions

Hello, its been a while since i used a CE editor, and the 5.3 changed a lot of things.

So i would like to know

- how to you change the movement key for the FP project. I extracted the defaultprofile.xml into CRYENGINE_5.3\gamezero\Libs\config, changed the keys, but doesnt work "in game"
- how do you change the mouse sensitivity when "in game" ?
- How do you correctly have the FP view in the mannequin editor, i clicked the "1P" the track FP, but i still can freely move the camera aroud, and its still not use the FP camera; i suppose i missed something, but, what ? ( was yet perfectly working in the old CE version )

thanks

Re: Several questions

- How do you correctly have the FP view in the mannequin editor, i clicked the "1P" the track FP, but i still can freely move the camera aroud, and its still not use the FP camera; i suppose i missed something, but, what ? ( was yet perfectly working in the old CE version )
I think this has something to do with bone names. Because when I'm using sdk character with templates, FP view works.

those functionality remove in template project. you will have to migrate from gamesdk or make. or use schematic instead alternative. people just are rely on gamesdk project and cant live without it. these should change in future.
sry, i dont understand your answer.
It does require C++ skills, but I think you can change the movement controls through the cryaction code. In the 5.4 update they are extracting cryaction so it should get a lot easier to add and alter actions.
Found out, you need to go to C:\Users\[name]\Documents\CRYENGINE Projects\test\Assets\Libs\config and here the defaultprofile.xml work. So yeah no need to directly go to c++ to at least change the default keybind.

That's a bit strange to necessary store the project in mydoc and i a totaly different folder / partition than where CE thing is installed. but K.

I think this has something to do with bone names. Because when I'm using sdk character with templates, FP view works.
hm ? i'am using the default 5.3, just started a FP project, and that doesnt work ? what's that "sdk charcter with templates" you are talking about ?[/quote]
Last edited by wootwooots on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

There are 2 cvars being registered that influence the rotation speed in the FPS template.

Code: Select all

REGISTER_CVAR2("pl_rotationSpeedYaw", &m_rotationSpeedYaw, 0.05f, VF_CHEAT, "Speed at which the player rotates entity yaw"); REGISTER_CVAR2("pl_rotationSpeedPitch", &m_rotationSpeedPitch, 0.05f, VF_CHEAT, "Speed at which the player rotates entity pitch");
You could use those to adjust the speed at which the player's camera will move. This doesn't change the global mouse-sensitivity though.

There are 2 cvars being registered that influence the rotation speed in the FPS template.

Code: Select all

REGISTER_CVAR2("pl_rotationSpeedYaw", &m_rotationSpeedYaw, 0.05f, VF_CHEAT, "Speed at which the player rotates entity yaw"); REGISTER_CVAR2("pl_rotationSpeedPitch", &m_rotationSpeedPitch, 0.05f, VF_CHEAT, "Speed at which the player rotates entity pitch");
You could use those to adjust the speed at which the player's camera will move. This doesn't change the global mouse-sensitivity though.
thanks for the Cvar, but in the end i used the "i_mouse_sensitivity", and that's fine

Any idea idea about the FP view in the mannequin editor ?

thanks for the answer