Cryengine 5.4 in late April ?

Was the release of Cryengine 5.4 moved to late April ? At least thats what the roadmap says . If so... wow... i even don't know what to say... The three month schedule was already a pain in the a##.
I really don't know how crytek wants to push the engine when your users have to wait like almost 6 months for a new version of the engine. Especially when things like the broken GI from ponitlights are still not working.

Re: Cryengine 5.4 in late April ?

Well, i'm all for it if it makes the 5.3 platform even more stable, chances are we'll see 5.3.3 or 5.3.4 before late april becouse of the delay. Not confirmed ofcourse, but Crytek would need to fill those 2 months with fixes and minor releases. Perhaps it will come up to par with the legendary 3.8.6 :)

I'm sure they will showcase some good stuff at GDC too.

dhomochevsky wrote:In general, it is not clear what benefit to Crytek support the engine. Other engines are updated almost every month, Cryengine with updates every six months just outdated. However, even a major update has a scant number of innovations

Well, I disagree with you. It is not possible to update a game engine with new features every month. Just take a look at unity road map there is a five-month delay between 5.5 and 5.6 and almost the same case with lumberyard and unreal. I am actually very happy that Crytek is putting time in the new version. I would love to wait an extra month or two to get an engine with more new and polished features than to stuck with a buggy engine with buggy features.

Just because they are putting more time between the releases, it doesnt't mean that you will receive a better version or more features.
Maybe they are just busy with other things. However UE 4.14 was released on November the 15... and we are know very close to the 4.15 release.
The difference between UE4 and Cryengine releases is huge... take a look at UE4 release notes and take a look at Cryengines release notes, crytek needs more time
for less "content" in the releases, on top of that a lot of things brake with every new release of CE5. I wrote it like 10 times and never got an answer, how can something
essential like GI been broken for months ? Still waiting for a answer or a fix for the broken GI from Pointlights "no color bleeding".

There are to many problems... to many things missing in engine to say... ouh ok lets release 2 x a year a version. No offense its just my opinion.

If this year Crytek not do anything Cryengine become quite useless. For this year UE4, become only stronger, and Cryengine receive no more than 3 major renovation. Even in this community were only those people who have worked for another Cryengine 2, including myself. In general Cryengine does not make or anything, whatever he could get people interested