Re: Cryengine 5.4 in late April ?

I have an interesting issue with the asset browser though. I can import PNG files, however the asset browser does not display them once imported, it also makes them unusable in the tools, so really the PNG importing is a copy and paste now, since no dds and cryasset file is created on import. The only use that PNG files have is as an asset thumbnail, which works fine. One more thing with the asset browser: it needs a refresh button since sometimes when I import things it won't detect them until Sandbox has restarted!

I also found a bug, where can I report that?

Overall great update though :D

Did I miss something? I've been reading through these preview release notes and I haven't seen anything about texture imports being independent from crytif and being able to use image formats.
It says for 5.4, so if it's not in any of the previews, most likely (unless otherwise delayed) it will be there in 5.4 final.

Did I miss something? I've been reading through these preview release notes and I haven't seen anything about texture imports being independent from crytif and being able to use image formats.
It says for 5.4, so if it's not in any of the previews, most likely (unless otherwise delayed) it will be there in 5.4 final.
it support most common formats start from preview 1, the differents is that in preview 1-5 you need to add manually thirdparty tool Imagemagik, but in preview 6 they added this in build, so you can import now other formats like png, jpeg, etc directly in asset browser.. You can double click on image and change RC preset when you need directly in engine.. for most common _diff, _ddna , _spec you probably dont need to make this. I hope better explanation of this will be with the release of 5.4

http://docs.cryengine.com/display/CEMAN ... tingAssets
Last edited by Mind-Revolution on Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.