Re: Cryengine 5.4 in late April ?

In order for the community to grow, the engine needs to be used by more people, but how will more people know it's greatness you may ask. Well an important factor is the good games that Crytek pushes out, more good games means more people will play them and say "Oh it's made with this technology! I want to use it for my games.". Crytek have released 7 games since 2013. Other companies using their own in house engine like have released way more games since 2013. EA for example (I know it's a much bigger company but alas) have released 18 games since 2013 using their in house engine Frostbite.

All im trying to say is that Crytek (Not the Cryengine division) need to release a higher amount of good games (not saying the ones released now are bad), so Cryengine will gain popularity between the games fans.
I completely agree. Just look at the first Crysis. A game that looks fantastic and plays very good.
This attracts many people.
And I think that HUNT: Showdown has the potenial for that.

This is what im talking about, the community needs to get bigger, finally. Cryengine has a top Dynamic lighting and GI System but sadly it has also a ton of small things that are missing.
In order to get more indies into cryengine, they finally need to invest in engine updates, features more templates, tutorials and generall engine stability. The problem i see, and this is only my personal opinion, crytek is still not really interested in beeing a real game engine company. I think it is still like in old Crysis 3 times, they are updating the engine for their needs and releasing it than also for us.

I dont think just crytek need to make games for people to come over and use the engine, Other teams need to release interesting games that really shows off what it can do.
the community does need improving but with all this negativity its not good.

WE need ..
-tutorials
-more artwork shown off
-more competitions
-Lower the negativity
-Good games
-Also a tutorials for both maya and max ;)

I dont think just crytek need to make games for people to come over and use the engine, Other teams need to release interesting games that really shows off what it can do.
the community does need improving but with all this negativity its not good.

WE need ..
-tutorials
-more artwork shown off
-more competitions
-Lower the negativity
-Good games
-Also a tutorials for both maya and max ;)
Yes, I also agree with the fact that the Cryengine team needs to interact more with the community however, that may be a bit hard because it's a very small team compared to Unity's and Unreal Engine's development team.

Well cryengine have the better forum out of all engines... I mean a few extra things could be improved.. but I really do like coming to visit the forum now.

its just a bit dead, and well that seems partly because cry devs don't really post here much but also still not a big group of newer users coming in.

It doesn't help the engine itself is still catching up with the likes of unity as far as providing more for those of types of devs to get started with cryengine.... personally I already have game project with unity to finish, but I like what is happening with cryengine improvements so far, especially the c# support its just a little rough around some area and not a big a community of resources ie unity like editor assets.

Still its getting better, just wish it was faster at getting all those things in (doing ux/ui stuff a little easier with the engine would also help me). The twitch stream they started last year was good, perhaps it was too soon with the engine still making big changes, I hope they do that stuff again when the engine gets more features in and perhaps more tutorials etc. (ok I'll be honest I haven't really gone through much of them as I'm not actively using the engine yet for anything, but I really do want to and 5.4 is looking like a good update to check out again personally)

@Crteating1 I also agree but the Proble here is as long users/indies/devs dont like to join cryengine we wont have...

- Tutorials "user created ones"
- More artwork show off

What we need is a solid engine with solid features and solid updates and this wont happen with one or two engine updates a year.
SInce yeras users are trying out Cryengine but going mostly back to other engines, as long this wont stop they will be no growing interms of community and engine users.
As long the leading people at crytek didn't decide to actually do something, like more engine programmers etc... content creators.. etc... dying of this community will sadly go on.