Re: Cryengine 5.4 in late April ?

Good that they finally pushed something to Github. Bad is that looking into those commits I really don't see them pushing the engine forward. Especially I don't see anything worth half-year delay. Most of updates are bug-fixing of less-than-dozen lines of code within (which is good by itself but it's not the target of new version).

Now Sandbox source code is new carrot in front of our faces.

Antialiasing is not a priority, sadly i'm aware of it... but it should be! We have the worst antialiasing in the whole engine scene. Creating indoor scenes, is like not possible without getting eye cancer.
If you are doing portfolio work, ok you can turn up the resolution or use supersampling but it's usually not a option if you are creating a "real" game.

The worst part is, cryteks cryengine has for sure different antialiasing methodes... All they're games like ryse etc... have the option to choose between different values and methodes of antialiasing.
So basically there is no real "they have to work on it" or it's not "priority"! I don't get why crytek is not sharing all the antialiaisng modes with us... I mean you guys really believe that HUNT is runing on the same Shi** antialiasing that we have in Cryengine 5.3 ?

FYI - Hunt is built regularly against the latest engine builds internally. That being said, all down to how the hunt dev team decides to go, if they can do their own AA).

Also realise that this engine has gone through substantial changes since Ryse (btw, what AA method are we missing?), and especially with the introduction on the new Vulkan API and rework of the rendering pipeline in 5.4, the team has been busy. Obviously there are some features of CryEngine that need to change for indie usability/low budget projects - but again realise this engine is completely free, no royalty, you can literally make big bucks and not give crytek a single cent.

I personally think this engine is only improving, not at a pace of the cult-like engine communities like unreal or unity, but really, how can you expect anyone to compete with the feature set of an engine that has probably more than half of the indies in the world using it. For cryengine to even be ahead in certain areas imo is truly amazing.

Current anti-aliasing modes available for CE5 out of the box:
SMAA 1X
SMAA 1TX
SMAA 2TX
TSAA

Just, be realistic and enjoy life
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

We are missing the SMAA 4x mode (the nice AA from Crysis 3) to fill in the gap between SMAA 2TX and SuperSampling now that MSAA is gone. SMAA 2TX just isn't good enough in my opinion. Sure there are more important things to cover before AA, but still it needs to happen at some point.

All that the community wants is not in priority!

better AA, reflections, node based material editor, in engine vertex paint( current fbx importer support vertex colors+alpha-for those who dont know this), what else did you want?... but seriously, tell me please, how all this things make engine better and why without this engine is ussles for you? Because for me this things did not change the game so much as you expected... for me more important things like Schematyc so we can make something without programming skills, volumetric fog, svogi, last 2 engine already have.. FBx done.. only remove crytiff restrictions and thats all what engine need at the moment...

All that the community wants is not in priority!

better AA, reflections, node based material editor, in engine vertex paint( current fbx importer support vertex colors+alpha-for those who dont know this), what else did you want?... but seriously, tell me please, how all this things make engine better and why without this engine is ussles for you? Because for me this things did not change the game so much as you expected... for me more important things like Schematyc so we can make something without programming skills, volumetric fog, svogi, last 2 engine already have.. FBx done.. only remove crytiff restrictions and thats all what engine need at the moment...
Do you think Schematyc is all that needs to be developed? Yes, I absolutely do not like reflections, because they do not allow creating realistic glossy materials like in other engines. Yes I do not like Vertex painting, because of its tight binding to 3d MAX and lack of flexibility. And a lot of things that I do not like!

@uniflare What AA modes are we misssing ? Jo joking or trolling right ? If not let me think about what AA modes we are missing... Hmmm wait, maybe like everything avaiable up tp date on the market ??? Maybe everything that all other game engines have lol. You cant be serious my friend.... Have a look at games like Doom. R6 Siege etc... and check for your self how much options do you have. We don't even have TAA implemeneted which is kinda a standard around all games today.

Im like no fan of Lumberyard but even they realised they need to change something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9AxJiQvEOg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm1efTnXtRY

If someone from Crytek is reading this, please... please... make the eye cancer go away! All this Aliasing especially on glossy objects is soooo bad.

Do you think Schematyc is all that needs to be developed? Yes, I absolutely do not like reflections, because they do not allow creating realistic glossy materials like in other engines. Yes I do not like Vertex painting, because of its tight binding to 3d MAX and lack of flexibility. And a lot of things that I do not like!
Schematyc is not all what must be developed, but right now its what engine really need... other engines popular because of this, people can do games with them without hard knowledge of programming, not because of reflections, or material editor, etc... Speaking about realistic reflections .. Most materials of real world hardly come to a value of 0.4 ( 95,95,95-105,105,105) glossines, with this value you dont see reflections in them or what else you want to see there.. of course light source behaves as expected on them.. Engine right now have everything what other engines have + - .. because of this i really don't understand your disappointment