Re: Cryengine 5.4 in late April ?

Mesh Blending is in 5.4 alongside the Vulkan API ofcourse, which is a big step in the right direction. Internal performance tests have shown Vulkan to exceed DX11 by far. Dynamic Environment Probes will come at some point, nothing to be shocked over if it's not in 5.4. Question that comes to mind is, how long will we need DX11 after Vulkan arrives?

The new Entity System in itself is reason enough for me, it's a huge step over 5.3 which was basicly hopeless if you are a non-programmer and decide not to use the GameSDK. My project has been standing still in the entity department. The GameSDK is out of the question as it will be rendered useless pretty soon. I also don't wan't to clutter up my project with the bloated GameSDK.

The entity component system is definitely the highlight of this update, I just hope that it is sort of like Unity's one (since it works well). Also I wish there was a proper content viewer like in Unreal and Unity (create and view scripts and materials etc). 5.4 will be a huge step towards the right direction. Hopefully 5.5 doesn't take as long though.

The roadmap for 5.4 is really not that shiny in terms what is coming new to the engine. I hope they at least replaced the old Antialiasing modes to up to date ones.
I don't think AntiAliasing is a priority right now though as there are much more important things. But yeah i'd like to see SMAA 4x myself.