Re: Win swag and CRYENGINE assets in our new Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 competition

Well this is a project that I did some tome ago, I don't have so much free time right know but I think that it fit perfectly in the context of this topic :D

Stay hide, be quiet, and hunt your enemies with the Lapua L96:

It was completely hardsurface modeled in 3ds Max and textured in Substance Painter. The renders has been taken in Marmoset.

I hope you like it guys ;)
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/E2krN
Last edited by tha_as on Fri May 05, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tha_as wrote:

It was completely hardsurface modeled in 3ds Max and textured in Substance Painter. The renders has been taken in Marmoset.

Unfortunately the images don't work for me. Can you double check?
CRYENGINE Community Manager

I'm manning the CRYENGINE stations on Facebook & Twitter as well, so come and say hi!
My personal Twittering may contain nuts.

Get to know me.

tha_as wrote:
cry-nic wrote:
tha_as wrote:

Again? Maybe could you suggest me a place to upload them?

Your Artstation page? Imgur?

lavizh wrote:
tha_as wrote:
cry-nic wrote:

Again? Maybe could you suggest me a place to upload them?

Your Artstation page? Imgur?

It works now! No clue what was the problem. :) All good! They look awesome.
CRYENGINE Community Manager

I'm manning the CRYENGINE stations on Facebook & Twitter as well, so come and say hi!
My personal Twittering may contain nuts.

Get to know me.

Re: Win swag and CRYENGINE assets in our Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 competition

Hey, here's my entry - the XM2010 (with custom parts) of which I made as a Fallout 4 mod initially, 6 months ago. It's my favourite sniper rifle, I literally didn't stop using the gun for my entire play-through of SGW3.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PE0AZ

Make/Model: XM2010 (XM2076, due to custom design changes)

Tools/Software: Maya, Photoshop & Substance Painter 2.

Estimated time: About 100 hours, if you check the artstation/mod page it has many attachments, and a lot of camouflages for the scopes, stock and muzzles. About 76 texture sets in total I believe.

Good luck to everyone else!

In-case any viewers are interested, here is the mod link page:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20868/?

Worked along side an animator and sound guy to create the best experience in Fallout 4 as possible - custom animations and sounds. Was a great learning experience, plan on importing some of my more recent work i Cry-engine to see how it fairs. Love to import assets into the engine to see how they look, check out my other stuff as it's all been documented in-game as well.

Apologies for going off topic, just thought some background info would be interesting!

PS, love your L96 tha_as, looks gorgeous!

Sstrifee
Last edited by Sstrifee on Thu May 11, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Each photo in this post is equivalent to one entry in this contest.

I know that the bullet and the pistol are not in that state as of the moment of shooting .It is only for presentation purposes.

Hello today I present My 3 works for this competition, all done within the time of competition and all models,textures ,image edition was done by me,no use of external or public domain images ,excluding SW3 Logo

And yes the smoke on the bullet is a fumefx simulation...

For the pistol ,I decided to do a mix of several guns from SW3 to show originality as the contest regulation asks us to do . It Took 3-4 hours to complete ,from modelling to texture and image edition, so basically is a SW3 custom weapon because I couldn´t decide what I was going to do,so I bunch several together.

For the Compound Bow I spent 2-3 hours to make it ,from modelling to texturing , and it has all the patterns and shape from the one on the game , references were on perspective ,so it was a bit harder ;)

*I made a video on the modelling of the compound bow if you guys are interested just say ;)

For the Knife ,I assumed that the knife was a karambit ,since I don´t own the game still, sadly ;( I saw a image with several knifes and it looked like a karambit ...so I decided to do it .
It took 2-4 hours (modelling ,texturing,editing)

Hope you guys like what I made for the Contest and I hope that Crytek keeps on doing this as it brings loads of people to the forum :)

Good luck to all the others and excuse my english ..is far from perfect

Hallo, here is my own version of a sniper rifle. The Sniper is based on the Stronskiy 98 and contains features of BMT 03 and a Shotgun :)

...Third person weapon asset is in process

PS: The contest is great, but i saw this really late
~Germany

Hi! This is my project for the contest. I was inspired by the Desert Eagle but achieved my vision under a different angle :D. Enjoy watching!
Description:
Control your First Person Shooter, like SGW3, with a mobile gun instead of the mouse. You can shoot, switch flashlight and disable gyro input in order to turn more than 45 degrees! Audio and physical feedback included!

Software : CRYENGINE V, Unity3D (I hope we will be able to build for Android with CRYENGINE soon :) ), iMovie
Time used : ~30h