Re: CRYENGINE 5.5 Preview Build Available Now

Woop Woop!

New collective Feedback thread for all CRYENGINE 5.5 issues and feedback is live, here! Give us all of your bugs and crashes and ideas for the build so we can aim for an even better final release. :)

Hey Guys,I cant install Cryengine 5.5 preview via the launcher.it downloads 100% and then gives an error saying a file could not be downloaded from the server.Please help!
Did you check your internet connection and firewall settings? Make sure nothing on your end interferes with the download. We haven't received any wide-spread reports about issues so far.
Nic
CRYENGINE Community Developer

I'm manning the CRYENGINE stations on Facebook & Twitter as well, so come and say hi!
My personal Twittering may contain nuts.

Get to know me.

When people open up cryengine, they'll want to look through example content (samples to learn from) - similar to what they have with Unreal.

Under the 'learn' section, there is this download with sample asset content - but this is buggy and almost none of it works properly. Why have you not updated this? Do you plan any new samples or to get those to work - why don't they just ship with gamesdk to begin with?

Without good samples, I think many people would be turned off. Such a shame - those samples were great, but just like gameSDK, it got left behind in the dust. This is why you can't have nice things, everyone wants to use and start off a fps or some game with gamesdk, but nobody (for years now) have put in any significant updates to it. Everything is getting deprecated without good replacements - there are even things in there with zero documentation, nor do they even work properly. Such a waste - this is what drew me to the engine in the first place, and without it I'm not sure why you would start here and not in Unreal or Unity instead. I like the engine, but I would have taken a different approach. If I start a project now - I have no guarantee that some of the functionality will even work or that some of the entities would be rendered useless in upcoming releases.

Give them some time. What they are doing now is better than before. I was expecting to hear some news of Lumberyard at GDC. But, it was Cryengine that gave me some hope. I ran my eye over new C++ API reference and it's not bad I think. I hope they will improve their learning materials soon enough. I would love to finish my game in Cryengine.

When people open up cryengine, they'll want to look through example content (samples to learn from) - similar to what they have with Unreal.

Under the 'learn' section, there is this download with sample asset content - but this is buggy and almost none of it works properly. Why have you not updated this? Do you plan any new samples or to get those to work - why don't they just ship with gamesdk to begin with?

Without good samples, I think many people would be turned off. Such a shame - those samples were great, but just like gameSDK, it got left behind in the dust. This is why you can't have nice things, everyone wants to use and start off a fps or some game with gamesdk, but nobody (for years now) have put in any significant updates to it. Everything is getting deprecated without good replacements - there are even things in there with zero documentation, nor do they even work properly. Such a waste - this is what drew me to the engine in the first place, and without it I'm not sure why you would start here and not in Unreal or Unity instead. I like the engine, but I would have taken a different approach. If I start a project now - I have no guarantee that some of the functionality will even work or that some of the entities would be rendered useless in upcoming releases.
They have half a year from the previous release went to the creation Flappy Boid. On what content can be calculated! They need money, if Hunt: Showdown will bring in money then maybe something will change, and until that time, Crytek will continue to drift very slowly

Please CE Team , Add components to CE 5.5 Final or CE 5.6 :
Snow Component
Wind Component
GravityBox Component
Cable Camponent
Destructible Mesh Component
We already implemented the Wind and GravityBox components but merged those into the new Physics Area Component. The other component you mentioned were already investigated, but we haven't decided if we want to port them one-to-one yet. As far as I can tell there will be comparable solutions for those components in the future.

Cheers,
Alex