Re: Development Roundtable #1: News about Schematyc & fresh features coming to CRYENGINE

I prefer this format instead of watching 1 hour video stream that only have 5 min of interest.
There are some info I am missing: When is version 5.4.1 and what will it bring(if ever)?
There are still some planed features for 5.4 that is not released yet, like VS2017 support for C#.
I am glad the the roadmap have been updated. But it saddens me to wait so long for AI improvement( C# seems left in the dark AI wise)
Strange that mobile deploy is so low prioritized.
Last edited by Rapand on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Development Roundtable #1: News about Schematyc & fresh features coming to CRYENGINE

tan wrote:
This will hurt a lot... won't it ?..

We won't remove the experimental version of Schematyc with the release of the refactored version. During this transition phase, you can decide whether you want to port everything over or not. For those that want to port, we will try to make it as easy as possible but please understand that I can't guarantee anything. The current version was just an experiment and we want to do the mentioned changes before we consider it production ready.

I also want to encourage everyone to provide his feedback here in the forums.

Cry-Dom wrote:
tan wrote:
This will hurt a lot... won't it ?..

We won't remove the experimental version of Schematyc with the release of the refactored version. During this transition phase, you can decide whether you want to port everything over or not. For those that want to port, we will try to make it as easy as possible but please understand that I can't guarantee anything. The current version was just an experiment and we want to do the mentioned changes before we consider it production ready.

I also want to encourage everyone to provide his feedback here in the forums.

Thank you very much for the answer.

Rapand wrote:I prefer this format instead of watching 1 hour video stream that only have 5 min of interest.
There are some info I am missing: When is version 5.4.1 and what will it bring(if ever)?
There are still some planed features for 5.4 that is not released yet, like VS2017 support for C#.
I am glad the the roadmap have been updated. But it saddens me to wait so long for AI improvement( C# seems left in the dark AI wise)
Strange that mobile deploy is so low prioritized.

CRYENGINE 5.4.1 is not planned as of yet as we don't have any critical blockers so far. We only do hotfixes and deployments when we deem them necessary and so far, 5.4 runs very stable from the bug reports we have seen coming in. If you experience any blockers or bugs, please notify us in the build feedback section and send a launcher issue report and/or GitHub issue. This is the only way our QA can directly consider your feedback.

VS2017 for C# - this isn't just an issue on our end, but also on Microsoft's. ;) But we're constantly working on improving the flow.

We'll post another update today to tell you a bit more about where we're at with Editor Source Code and Documentation overhaul. The roadmap will see frequent updates again but we have decided to take it one step at a time and focus on improving and stabilizing engine features until 5.5. - we know some features and functions need clean-up and that's why we will iron out the details step by step and notify you about bigger changes when they are around the corner.
Nic
CRYENGINE Community Developer

I'm manning the CRYENGINE stations on Facebook & Twitter as well, so come and say hi!
My personal Twittering may contain nuts.

Get to know me.

Looking at Schematyc would there be a debug option like in flowgraph so you can see what nodes are firing and what results are being created when jumping to game?
Also something else which could be of use while in development...
There was a cvar for listing active/all flowgraphs so you could see all graphs in list on screen.
Could a system like this work with Schematyc so you could see all Schematyc entities active/all?