Re: CRYENGINE 5.4.0 Preview 6

Hi guys!

Could you please help me with the steps to create a simple "First Person Character Controller" in CE5.4 Preview, using the new entity components?

I need a simple capsule collider with FP Camera and the ability to walk / look around (WASD keys / mouse). And i need to make it a prefab, so it can be used in others levels as well.

Thanks a lot!
You can easily get started with this by using the First Person template. It can be found in the engine directory in Templates\cpp\FirstPersonShooter. Just copy the folder to the folder where you keep your projects, and right-click the game.cryproject file to start working on it.
The prefab can be made in the Sandbox by right-clicking in the Asset Browser of the Sandbox, and selecting New.../Schematyc Entity. Give the entity a name and double click it to open it in the Schematyc Editor. In here you can add components to the entity and set its properties. Now if you spawn this entity it will have all the properties exactly like you need them.

Re: CRYENGINE 5.4.0 Preview 6

You can easily get started with this by using the First Person template. It can be found in the engine directory in Templates\cpp\FirstPersonShooter. Just copy the folder to the folder where you keep your projects, and right-click the game.cryproject file to start working on it.
The prefab can be made in the Sandbox by right-clicking in the Asset Browser of the Sandbox, and selecting New.../Schematyc Entity. Give the entity a name and double click it to open it in the Schematyc Editor. In here you can add components to the entity and set its properties. Now if you spawn this entity it will have all the properties exactly like you need them.
It´s all right, but i mean specifically how to make this with the new "Character Controller" entity component released in 5.4. The "new" Cryengine way ;)

I am trying something like:
1) add new empty entity <maybe here i can use schematyk entity?>
2) in empty entity, add component "Character Controller"
3) in empty entity, add component "Camera"

But how can i manage the input to move my fresh new character into the level?

I am trying to follow something like mentioned in the docs, but maybe i misunderstood the "new" workflow...
http://docs.cryengine.com/display/CEMAN ... Components

Thanks a lot for your time (and patience)!