Accessing the 5.5.0 Preview 4 Release
CRYENGINE Preview versions are now available through the CRYENGINE Launcher.
Having logged into the CRYENGINE Launcher go to LIBRARY -> My Engines where your currently installed and available Engines are listed. From there Engines can be updated (installed).
CRYENGINE Previews can still be obtained from GitHub as can full Sandbox Editor source code.
Preview Engine versions are also available from Github, however Sandbox Editor source code is only available via Github.
- Go to: https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE/rel ... 0_preview4
- Download CRYENGINE_preview_22.214.171.124_pc.zip
- Unzip it somewhere and open the directory “CRYENGINE_preview_126.96.36.199_pc”
- Double click on InstallEngine.bat
Code Interface Changes
For more information, see the Important CRYENGINE 5.5 Data and Code Changes article.
If you are upgrading from CRYENGINE 5.4, please read this topic: Migrating from CRYENGINE 5.4 to CRYENGINE 5.5.
- UI: Dependency Graph window is not responsive when opening from a selection window. WORKAROUND: It can be closed from the Windows tray bar, however if you don't have separate icons enabled for the different editor windows on the tray, then this can be an issue. NOTE: Opening the Dependency Graph say for example from the Asset Browser or from the global menu Tools -> Dependency Graph works fine.
- RENDERER: (PARTICLE) Particle 'new_year' is not being rendered correctly.
- RENDERER: (EDITOR ONLY) Shadow square following camera.
- RENDERER: Some brushes could flicker directly after level load.
- RENDERER: SkyBox could be broken after several level loads.
- CRASH: (VS2017) After compiling and running the Engine with VS version 15.7 the Engine will crash (exception thrown).
The problem originates from the last command in ( Editor\Python\plugins\crytools\startup.py ).
For more information about this topic click here.
- C#: Using the CRYENGINE C# extension for Visual Studio 2017 to start the GameLauncher, Sandbox Editor or Server can cause an error when used in the latest version of Visual Studio 2017. More information and a fix for this issue can be found here.
As we have 20+ new changes, fixes and updates, please check out the full list on our Release Notes page on CRYENGINE Documentation.
As a polite reminder, this is an experimental release and features are subject to changes, bugs, and gremlins, as you’d expect with a beta production. Please back up your projects before working with any of our latest builds to make sure your core project is safe. If you find an issue please reach out to us via the feedback thread or report issues via GitHub Issue Reporter. In case of engine crashes, please use the Crash Reporter in the launcher when it pops up and don't forget to attach all reports! We hope you enjoy the build and we look forward to seeing what you can do with it.
- Your CRYENGINE Team