CRYENGINE 5.6.1 is available now from www.CRYENGINE.com and the CRYENGINE Launcher. Since launching CRYENGINE 5.6, we’ve been listening to your comments on the CRYENGINE forum, social media, Discord and all our other platforms. This update includes fixes to some of the most important issues you’ve raised and includes several fixes that didn’t quite make it into the initial release.
Key improvements include:
- Visual Studio 2019 not available as an option when generating the engine solution
- Template projects not being generated due to special characters in the engine path. You should now be able to successfully generate template projects when the engine is installed in the default location.
- Asserts could not be disabled, and the “Ignore All” functionality was causing undesired side-effects. This is now fixed.
- Updated Wwise SDK to version 2019.1.3.
- Numerous stability and workflow fixes.
This update is designed to address some of the more critical issues that have been raised. With a release the of CRYENGINE 5.6, there are inevitably a few gremlins, so keep your feedback coming on the dedicated forum feedback thread, and if you find a bug in the engine, please report it directly on GitHub which helps us to process the issue quickly and efficiently.
As ever, stay tuned for updates on the blog, or via Facebook and Twitter, or join the community and our CRYENGINE development team over on our official CRYENGINE Discord channel.
Want to work on CRYENGINE? At Crytek, we value diversity and actively encourage people from all kinds of backgrounds and experience levels to apply to our open positions, so join us over at LinkedIn and check out our careers page.
- Your CRYENGINE Team