Re: image effects

Hi Qweerty,

What kind of image effects are you looking for?

If you are looking for a custom post-process effect you will need to modify an existing pipeline, this will mean modifying shaders.
For example, you can take a look at "CRYENGINE_5.6\engine\shaders.pak\Shaders\HWScripts\CryFX\PostEffectsGame.cfx".
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Hi Qweerty,

If you are looking for a custom post-process effect you will need to modify an existing pipeline, this will mean modifying shaders.
For example, you can take a look at "CRYENGINE_5.6\engine\shaders.pak\Shaders\HWScripts\CryFX\PostEffectsGame.cfx".
Many thanks! This is exactly what I'm looking for

Hi Qweerty,

In the Roadmap before it was cut, there was a feature that was called something like (Custom image effects) now I do not find this in the roadmap. Cut out!?

Hi Qweerty,

In the Roadmap before it was cut, there was a feature that was called something like (Custom image effects) now I do not find this in the roadmap. Cut out!?
I think they will add it someday.

Hi Qweerty,

I think they will add it someday.
It was promised back in 5.5 if I am not mistaken, postponed! Now it’s completely removed from the roadmap, and part image effects is considered obsolete and no longer works, but there is no alternative! In UE4 there is a post-processing shader which, together with a flexible material editor, allows you to create absolutely any image effects