Displaying Flash content(GFx) on Dynamic 2D-Map Texture doesn't support in CE 5.5?

Hi,
I just try to display simple flash animation and exported it to a standard gfx file as the tutorial on cryengine youtube channel.They built it with CE5.3 and works fine but in CE5.5 it doesn't work correctly.Are there any way to do that?or is it an error of CE 5.5?

Hope quick reply because I have stucked and confused in this matter.
Last edited by vishdrck on Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vishwajith Weerasinghe

Re: Displaying Flash content(GFx) on Dynamic 2D-Map Texture doesn't support in CE 5.5?

Hi vishdrck,

Can you confirm whether;
1. You are trying to display this Scaleform texture on a 3d object via a material? and
2. The setup works as intended, displaying on the object in 5.3?

If so, the node mentioned can be used to initially invoke the material to render the texture and display it on the 3d model. The node needs to be triggers in-game, but once done the texture should stay visible in the last state seen in game-mode.

Generally you would:

1. Place a 3d object using the Create Object->Geometry->Mesh
2. Assign the Scaleform material to the object
3. Create a Flow Graph as shown by Lavizh, with the Game Start Node trigerring the Flash::Invoke node. Be sure to set the "Method" property to exactly as shown in the image: "vPlay".
4. Enter game-mode and the texture should now render on the object and be visible.

Everything else should be default (0) unless you have multiple meshes on the same entity and/or multiple sub-materials on a mesh.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Re: Displaying Flash content(GFx) on Dynamic 2D-Map Texture doesn't support in CE 5.5?

Can you confirm whether;
1. You are trying to display this Scaleform texture on a 3d object via a material? and

Everything else should be default (0) unless you have multiple meshes on the same entity and/or multiple sub-materials on a mesh.
Hi Cry-Flare
Thank you so much for replying to this.Your reply would be helpful for many people like me who are interesting CRYENGINE more than other engines.Yes I'm trying to display it on a 3d object and as you said I recognized my fault because I used a 3d model of TV for this scaleform material and it has few submaterials.
However I moved to CE5.2 and it is stable more than 5.5.2 because I don't know why 5.5.2 crashed several times but 5.2 didn't yet.I found the official tutorial video for scaleform on cryengine youtube channel and as I remember right now video lecturer showed it using CE5.2 without any errors.And it is working on mine like the tutorial. :D
Thanks!
Vishwajith Weerasinghe

Hi vishdrck,

Can you confirm whether;

If so, the node mentioned can be used to initially invoke the material to render the texture and display it on the 3d model. The node needs to be triggers in-game, but once done the texture should stay visible in the last state seen in game-mode.

Generally you would:

1. Place a 3d object using the Create Object->Geometry->Mesh
2. Assign the Scaleform material to the object
3. Create a Flow Graph as shown by Lavizh, with the Game Start Node trigerring the Flash::Invoke node. Be sure to set the "Method" property to exactly as shown in the image: "vPlay".
4. Enter game-mode and the texture should now render on the object and be visible.

With this sorted out! I wonder when Crytek fixed a bug. They tested its performance on static gfx file. Because in the dynamics of a new bug https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE/issues/529