Menu / UI programming

Hi everyone,

I've start learning Cryengine for some day, UE4 is too limited for my need, i'm playing with the editor etc for now and i would start having fun with UI, i've read UI can be made by Java (that i don't want), and also with C#:
http://docs.cryengine.com/display/CEPRO ... a+Basic+UI

Is there a way to make a game projet in C++ and also Interface in C++ or C#?
Or do i have to make the entire project in C# to be able to make coded UI form instead using Java.

Also is it possible to make a game menu with a camera scene in C# / C++ ?
Like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn2vlhkBOPw

Best Regards !

Re: Menu / UI programming

CRYENGINE's main UI solution is to use Scaleform with Flash and Actionscript 2.0.
The C# UI is very basic and you may find it limiting compared to the Flash implementation.
There is no Java option as far as I know.

You can learn more about using Scaleform UI on our documentation here: http://docs.cryengine.com/display/CEMAN ... uick+Start
You can also use a free alternative software to Flash, which you can read about here: http://docs.cryengine.com/display/CEPRO ... ashDevelop

You can also load a level and display your UI scene over this level. This can all be done via Flowgraph and setting the map console command in your cryproject file.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

I would not like to see something like CryUI. Probably, it would be working without code. And that's what i don't want to see. Instead of seeing that, i'd like to see official scaleform video support(which is impossible i think) and an update for Adobe version. CS6 version is out of date.

I would not like to see something like CryUI. Probably, it would be working without code. And that's what i don't want to see. Instead of seeing that, i'd like to see official scaleform video support(which is impossible i think) and an update for Adobe version. CS6 version is out of date.
Probably not. Scaleform was discontinued so a new version won't happen. What is likely to happen is an in editor solution exposed to Schematyc 2.0 when that time comes.

Some canvas solution like in Lumberyard or something similar to FairyGUI.

Without code ?
I don't think so, i would be able to create c++ interface and bind my component as well on c++, i'm not talking about graphical ui designer, but code designer.
Probably not. Scaleform was discontinued so a new version won't happen. What is likely to happen is an in editor solution exposed to Schematyc 2.0 when that time comes.

Some canvas solution like in Lumberyard or something similar to FairyGUI.
I didn't used Lumberyard yet, and i didn't looked about at all, but some kind of cryui library to let user able to create code form would be really interesting.

Guys, don't you think ui editor can be just like designer tool? As you know, designer tool's not that bad but incomparable with 3ds max. So, i believe Crytek won't do something better for now and that's why i don't not like to see something like CryUI editor.
And being not able to see new version for scaleform is sad a bit. Despite Adobe Flash Professional has got many problems it's enough to get what do you want (but not exactly) and i don't think Crytek'll bring something better for a long, maybe more than a year... Who knows...