Re: Schematyc timer

how to i set up a time delay in schematyc

i want to trigger a mesh change on a time delay from when particle emitter is triggered of 20 seconds after particle emitter is triggered to change the mesh.
And what is actually the problem? You have a timer like a variable. Ask her a range, select seconds and after you have the right event, activate it, then after the time has elapsed, for example, you can make a Boolean variable. If true, the mesh changes.

I hope you understood correctly.
Developer from Russia. Lessons on Schematic and more: https://www.youtube.com/c/PODOBI4

don't understand, is there not a simple time delay mode like in the flow graph and if not that's dumb.

i want to trigger a mesh change on a time delay from when particle emitter is triggered of 20 seconds after particle emitter is triggered to change the mesh.
And what is actually the problem? You have a timer like a variable. Ask her a range, select seconds and after you have the right event, activate it, then after the time has elapsed, for example, you can make a Boolean variable. If true, the mesh changes.

don't understand, is there not a simple time delay mode like in the flow graph and if not that's dumb.

Well, you asked about the schematyc, I answered how it can be done. Look at how the delay in the "LightenUp" project is implemented and everything will become clear to you. In FG, there is also a delay. Node Time: Delay
Developer from Russia. Lessons on Schematic and more: https://www.youtube.com/c/PODOBI4

do you have to use state machine with timer? i will look at lighten up project.
i set up a timer but how does it trigger start timer?

Well, you asked about the schematyc, I answered how it can be done. Look at how the delay in the "LightenUp" project is implemented and everything will become clear to you. In FG, there is also a delay. Node Time: Delay

cant open lighten up 5.5 freezes re downloaded re imported still just crashes

You have an error downloading LightenUp? If so, I can upload it for you to the file sharing service.

In fact, there are several options for implementing your idea. Alternatively, through a state machine, you need to make a simple state switching logic in it and send a signal when you need it. In one of the states there will be a timer that will change the mesh after the time elapses.

i had my meshes switching with out state machine as when i make a signal and signal receiver it never changes the mesh when i tried creating state machines like in lighten up.

i got lighten up to work finally after re-downloading like 3 times.

You have an error downloading LightenUp? If so, I can upload it for you to the file sharing service.

In fact, there are several options for implementing your idea. Alternatively, through a state machine, you need to make a simple state switching logic in it and send a signal when you need it. In one of the states there will be a timer that will change the mesh after the time elapses.

im using 5.5 beta
mesh never triggers like this
seeg3.png
seeg3.png (147.95 KiB) Viewed 234 times
seeg2.png
seeg2.png (105.77 KiB) Viewed 228 times
seeg1.png
seeg1.png (102.58 KiB) Viewed 234 times

Can you make screenshots of logic? And tell me, what version of Cryengine you use?
Last edited by grb1212 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.