Re: Schematyc question

i have not i was trying to make an Schematyc entity like in the video tut on youtube.

i need a single entity that has a mesh, sensor volume, and particle emitter.

i know how to get the pieces together but not how to make it function. aka signal graph

the tutorials version idk but it was like build 62 im on 5.4 build 162

as far as crashes when i try to make signal graph its different than the tutorial and when i try to hook up similar nodes in signal graph it crashes when testing.

Hello,

did you already check out our tutorial regarding sensor volumes and particle emitter. In case this doesn't help you it would be nice if you could provide more information about your problem. What exactly are you trying to achieve and where and how is it crashing?

Cheers,
Alex

Could you provide a little more information;
What is the purpose of this entity, the wanted functionality?

Also, can you explain what you did in steps to make the Schematyc tool crash? Reproducible steps help us to understand your goal and where you may be going wrong or especially in the case of bugs, find what is causing the problem.

Thanks
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

1. created test level using FPS template no gamesdk.
2. enter schematyc editor
3. create schematic entity
4. add mesh component
5. add sensor volume component
6.add particle emitter

following causes engine crash
when i try using tutorials there nodes are different "maybe cause of update changes to schematyc"

so when i try creating the signal graph save and use asset browser to bring it into the level. "successful"
testing crashes it

the function of this is to trigger particle emitter on when player enters set area for sensor volume and off when player leaves.

following this and other similar tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyjMuO7YqT8

Could you provide a little more information;
What is the purpose of this entity, the wanted functionality?

Also, can you explain what you did in steps to make the Schematyc tool crash? Reproducible steps help us to understand your goal and where you may be going wrong or especially in the case of bugs, find what is causing the problem.

Thanks

I could not get it to crash but I have realised that the default templates do not include a sensor volume for the player.

The sensor volume component only interacts with other sensor volumes, and only if the tags match.

Eg.
Sensor 1 is tagged with attribute: Player
Sensor 2 is listening for attribute: Player.

If you like, I have a repo where a sensor volume has been added to the template characters for 5.4.
You will need to compile the projects yourself, though.

https://github.com/uniflare/CRYENGINE-Templates
Uniflare

My personal belongings;

i may have figured out the crashes, not sure which of a few thinks i did different stopped the crashing.

i did not realize how sensor volume worked, i was under the impression it was more like area for proximity trigger.

i will take a look at the templates when i get time and let you know

hopefully in schematic 2.0 they can have a sample project that has at least basic examples, ie usable entity, basic player,etc.....

I could not get it to crash but I have realized that the default templates do not include a sensor volume for the player.

The sensor volume component only interacts with other sensor volumes, and only if the tags match.

Eg.

If you like, I have a repo where a sensor volume has been added to the template characters for 5.4.

So after a little playing around lets see if i understand

sensor volume only interacts with another sensor volume?
if that is the case how can i get something more like Proximity Trigger within the schematyc components.

and if sensor volume is supposed to be better, aka more powerful/useful, does crytek plan to create templates with default character sensor volume with changeable parameters. "Not hard code either ."

in my experience schematyc is less powerful tool for non programmers, in other words, some one that does not know code can achieve funtion easier in the flow graph than they could with schematyc.

I could not get it to crash but I have realised that the default templates do not include a sensor volume for the player.

Eg.

This depends on what you wish to do. Schematyc is still heavily in beta, it was released to get feedback from the community and not as a production ready tool, although for certain areas it is perfectly usable - just a little limited. You can create a player component yourself in schematyc, with a player controller, and advanced animations, your own camera etc along with a sensor volume that you can customize. This is something you cannot do with Flowgraph.

Proximity triggers can be used without GameSDK, just copy the lua file alone from the scripts directory and add the entity in the entities.xml of your project.
A small change to the lua will allow any object to trigger the area.

Your feedback is highly appreciated, though, and it is understood that the templates can (and will) be improved. But this will go hand in hand with schematyc improvements also.
If you have Visual Studio, the template code I have provided includes a sensor volume for the player characters.
Uniflare

My personal belongings;

that's the thing i never used visual studios before.
3 years ago we had a 90% done project now we got like 30% of a project be cause they keep changing things huge set back,

No way to go back already took update's because we had no idea they were changing so much and not just fixing things.

all I am trying to achieve in schematyc is to create a schematyc entity that has the same functionality as the Gamesdk's "BasicEntity" aka a usable entity

This depends on what you wish to do. Schematyc is still heavily in beta, it was released to get feedback from the community and not as a production ready tool, although for certain areas it is perfectly usable - just a little limited. You can create a player component yourself in schematyc, with a player controller, and advanced animations, your own camera etc along with a sensor volume that you can customize. This is something you cannot do with Flowgraph.

Proximity triggers can be used without GameSDK, just copy the lua file alone from the scripts directory and add the entity in the entities.xml of your project.
A small change to the lua will allow any object to trigger the area.

Your feedback is highly appreciated, though, and it is understood that the templates can (and will) be improved. But this will go hand in hand with schematyc improvements also.
If you have Visual Studio, the template code I have provided includes a sensor volume for the player characters.