how Move camera to player position??

Hi all, i need to move a custom camera to my player position when he enter in a proximity trigger, i want play a cinematic sequence in first person but i can't achieve it i tryed different node this is my current flowgraph, there is a way to animate directly the player camera instead using a custom??
Attachments
beam.png
beam.png (61.1 KiB) Viewed 496 times

Re: how Move camera to player position??

Depends how the game code has integrated the player camera.
In the templates the camera is locked to a bone or position around the player character.

If you have not setup your camera yourself (GameSDK/Templates) I doubt you can detach the camera without modifying game code (MAYBE gamesdk, if a "release camera" method was implemented, no idea).

Otherwise, have a look at the documentation on cinematic sequences.
Should give your the workflow needed, perhaps you will get a better idea rather than stealing the player camera (clone the player cam and move that instead for ex. then you dont have to put the camera back when you give back control).

good luck
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

uniflare wrote:Depends how the game code has integrated the player camera.
In the templates the camera is locked to a bone or position around the player character.

If you have not setup your camera yourself (GameSDK/Templates) I doubt you can detach the camera without modifying game code (MAYBE gamesdk, if a "release camera" method was implemented, no idea).

Otherwise, have a look at the documentation on cinematic sequences.
Should give your the workflow needed, perhaps you will get a better idea rather than stealing the player camera (clone the player cam and move that instead for ex. then you dont have to put the camera back when you give back control).

good luck

i already read all documentation about it, but about cinematics in first person documentation is really poor and general, like using trackview and sequence, things that i already know..

gigilulu wrote:Try using an AnimObject instead of LocalPlayer (using the same cdf), then you can simply link a camera to the character and control its' position relative to the #camera bone (assuming this is the parent) via Trackview.

i do that but i have the same problem... the position of the cinematic is wrong don't follow the player..

mknmknmknjk wrote:https://hawkes.info/2016/09/14/first-person-and-action-rpg-cameras/

The View System and ::UpdateView

but why build another camera when i already have one perfeclty working for the first person??xD I don't understand that, i try play a character default animation using the "playanimation" node in the flowgraph when player enter in the trigger, the animation work good in third person but in the first person camera is stuck why that?

you can obtain existing camera , change position and rotation . the link is theory . you dont need create it or you can create multi camera and selectively active one of them or release destroy.

it is recommanded to have multi cameras so you can blend to another. such as possess a pawn . mount vehicle or animal. like watch dog.