Re: reset camera to player after using "camera:view" flowgraph node

What exactly are you trying to do?

This should work in Flowgraph:

Code: Select all

<Graph Description="" Group="FG"> <Nodes> <Node Id="78" Class="Game:Start" pos="-1224,3078,0"> <Inputs InGame="1" InEditor="1"/> </Node> <Node Id="80" Class="Camera:View" pos="-900,3060,0" EntityGUID="6c09fd61-ba41-3cce-608b-1e3108ae2700"> <Inputs entityId="0" Enable="0" Disable="0" FOV="60" Blend="0" BlendFOVSpeed="5" BlendFOVOffset="0" BlendPosSpeed="5" BlendPosOffset="0,0,0" BlendRotSpeed="10" BlendRotOffset="0,0,0"/> </Node> <Node Id="83" Class="Camera:View" pos="-900,3294,0" EntityGUID="6c09fd61-ba41-3cce-608b-1e3108ae2700"> <Inputs entityId="0" Enable="0" Disable="0" FOV="60" Blend="0" BlendFOVSpeed="5" BlendFOVOffset="0" BlendPosSpeed="5" BlendPosOffset="0,0,0" BlendRotSpeed="10" BlendRotOffset="0,0,0"/> </Node> <Node Id="85" Class="Time:Delay" pos="-1224,3330,0"> <Inputs delay="3" resetOnInput="0"/> </Node> </Nodes> <Edges> <Edge nodeIn="80" nodeOut="78" portIn="Enable" portOut="output" enabled="1"/> <Edge nodeIn="85" nodeOut="78" portIn="in" portOut="output" enabled="1"/> <Edge nodeIn="83" nodeOut="85" portIn="Disable" portOut="out" enabled="1"/> </Edges> </Graph>
Just paste this text directly into the Flowgraph GUI, the nodes should appear.

In case you are trying to make a cut scene, we would suggest using track view in that case,

Trackview video introduction:
https://www.cryengine.com/tutorials/des ... troduction
https://www.cryengine.com/tutorials/des ... ctor-nodes

Trackview Documentation:
http://docs.cryengine.com/display/CEMANUAL/Track+View

It would be great if you could explain what exactly didn't work for you regarding the graph that was posted. Unless you are not interested in this of course.

The Particle flow nodes are AFAIK tied to the GameSDK Legacy particle entities. Since the new particle editor uses schematyc, you cannot modify this from Flowgraph without a custom Flow Node implementation.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

It seems I got he wrong impression from the Flow Nodes. These are usable.

Create a new particle, take note of the entity name when in the scene.
Define a particle attribute, in the particle editor click the cog wheel "Show Effect Options". Here you can define your own attributes to be used as values for the various particle effect parameters.

For the flow node simply get the entity by name "Entity:FindEntityByName".
Create the flow node "Particle:AttributeGet" and set the Attribute field to the attribute name you created.
Link the nodes with a trigger.

Note: If the attribute does not exist, the Error out port will be triggered. If there is no entity assigned to the flow node, no error will be produced and of course, no value either.

Example: Image Sorry for any confusion caused.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Is there a way to reset the camera to the default location after changing it via the "camera;view" node? Tired disabling it, and unassigning the entity. Assigning localplayer to camera:view doesn't put the camera back to the whatever bone it's assigned to in C++.
i will have to dig through my many graphs i believe i have a solution to your issue with with disabling the camera or just switching camera in a different way

Is there a way to reset the camera to the default location after changing it via the "camera;view" node? Tired disabling it, and unassigning the entity. Assigning localplayer to camera:view doesn't put the camera back to the whatever bone it's assigned to in C++.
i will have to dig through my many graphs i believe i have a solution to your issue with with disabling the camera or just switching camera in a different way