Assets not re-rendering in cryengine 5.5.2

Hi all.

Found this bug in Cryengine 5.5.2, got a friend to also download CryEngine and try it out, and he encountered the same issue. Not sure if it's level-related, but re-importing my assets on a new level in GameSDK I encountered this issue again. Basically, when I move the camera to look at something else, then look back at something, there's a small chance it will not re-appear, until I move my cursor over it. This issue carries into game export, where objects will just vanish (meaning floors in an apartment building will just be invisible!). Is this a bug, or a setting somewhere? This also happens with cryengine-default assets.

Re: Assets not re-rendering in cryengine 5.5.2

Usually, I save then generate textures and if it's not fixed reload the Sandbox.
IIRC this only works for terrain, unless I'm missing something?
Have you exported to the engine to see if the problem shows? I've noticed that Sandbox can get a bit glitchy yet my engine exports are fine.
It does the same in-game also, but obviously without the ability to cursor-over invisible assets, so things stay invisible.

Again, the only fix I see is going back to 5.4, but that shouldn't have to be a necessary step just for cryengine to work.

It does the same in-game also, but obviously without the ability to cursor-over invisible assets, so things stay invisible.

Again, the only fix I see is going back to 5.4, but that shouldn't have to be a necessary step just for cryengine to work.
[/quote]

I agree 100% you shouldn't have to switch back to 5.4. Have you hit up support about this issue? I have seen more than terrain disappear in 5.5.2. I get vegetation that is completely missing as well as the occasional 3d object, but it's never persisted beyond the texture generation or exiting the software and reloading (And yes you are correct in assuming generate terrain textures should NOT fix this issue but it's one of the little glitches I'm willing to work with to use a superior 3d engine) . We are banking on 5.6 addressing some of these issues. Best of luck and fortune in your endeavors!

Thank you for the bug report.
We were actually able to reproduce the issue.
This looks like it might be a culling related issue which we will need to pass on to our rendering department
for deeper investigation.

Temporary workaround CVar:
e_PermanentRenderObjects 0

This however will have an impact on performance if you have a lot of objects.

Here are the culling related CVars if you want to experiment around with them until the issue is fixed:
(there is no guarantee that changing the value of the cvars will solve the issue)

ca_AttachmentCullingRation=300 [ ]
ca_AttachmentCullingRationMP=300 [ ]
ca_vaBlendCullingDebug=0 [ ]
ca_vaBlendCullingThreshold=1 [ ]
e_HwOcclusionCullingWater=1 [ ]
e_OcclusionCullingViewDistRatio=1 [ ]
e_TerrainOcclusionCulling=1 [ ]
e_TerrainOcclusionCullingDebug=0 [ ]
e_TerrainOcclusionCullingMaxDist=0 [ ]
e_TerrainOcclusionCullingMaxSteps=50 [ ]
e_TerrainOcclusionCullingPrecision=0.25 [ ]
e_TerrainOcclusionCullingPrecisionDistRatio=3 [ ]
e_TerrainOcclusionCullingStepSize=4 [ ]
e_TerrainOcclusionCullingStepSizeDelta=1.05 [ ]

I agree 100% you shouldn't have to switch back to 5.4. Have you hit up support about this issue? I have seen more than terrain disappear in 5.5.2. I get vegetation that is completely missing as well as the occasional 3d object, but it's never persisted beyond the texture generation or exiting the software and reloading (And yes you are correct in assuming generate terrain textures should NOT fix this issue but it's one of the little glitches I'm willing to work with to use a superior 3d engine) . We are banking on 5.6 addressing some of these issues. Best of luck and fortune in your endeavors!
[/quote]

as i wrote in FB Forum ...you can switch every time e_PermanentRenderObjects= 0 to e_PermanentRenderObjects= 1 and back if you go in this area if you use CE 5.5.2.
If you switch to 5.4 there are other problems but not your issue.