Boolean Destructibles error: invalid mesh indices

Been making a few Boolean Destructible assets and having the same problem.
On the 18th cut/hole cryengine crashes to the desktop or sometimes gives me the below error.
[Error] CRenderMeshUtils::RayIntersectionImpl (objects/Destruction/Target_breakable/Target_breakable.cgf): invalid mesh indices.
What am i doing wrong? its the same error on all assets no mater how i model them.

target.jpg
target.jpg (205.49 KiB) Viewed 470 times

Model 2,404 verts and 2432 polys.
maxtarget.jpg
maxtarget.jpg (231.11 KiB) Viewed 470 times

tryed many poly count and ways.

phsic.lua
Physics.RegisterExplosionShape("objects/Destruction/Target_breakable/Target_breakable_cutshape.cgf", 1, 100, 1, "",0,"");

SurfaceTypes.xml

<SurfaceType name="mat_Target_breakable" type="metal">
<Physics friction="0.5" elasticity="0.050000001" breakable_id="100" pierceability="1" break_energy="1" hole_size="1.4" hit_points="1" hit_points_secondary="1" hit_radius="0.04" hit_maxdmg="1" can_shatter="0" />
</SurfaceType>

MaterialEffects.xml
Added my mat_Target_breakable and bulletimpacts:hit_mat_Target_breakable in the required grids.

Anyone know whats up?

thanks

Re: Boolean Destructibles error: invalid mesh indices

Hmm, I'm not versed with the necessary knowledge of the appropriate components to give you an answer, but it looks very interesting and AFAIK boolean mesh changes like this can become really taxing on performance and should be used sparingly. Have you looked into prebaking destruction into more engine optimized chunks? Perhaps with a jb system or such.

cheers
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin