Re: Terrain Texure is a blob of color

That means you are not using the proper textures/mats. The ones you are using is ment for say a house. They work different ways. I ran into the same issue as well.
i using ones for beach sand, i got them from the assets store. Can you link me to (free assets) ones that i can use for forest and white sand.

That means you are not using the proper textures/mats. The ones you are using is ment for say a house. They work different ways. I ran into the same issue as well.
i using ones for beach sand, i got them from the assets store. Can you link me to (free assets) ones that i can use for forest and white sand.
is the sand under the Terrain Folder in the Textures and Materials?

For example
Assets/Textures/Terrain/....
Assets/Materials/Terrain/...

I am using the same ones as you, and the ones under the Terrain folder for painting is the only ones that work for terrain. Other ones are for objects, roads, rivers, etc.

For example

I am using the same ones as you, and the ones under the Terrain folder for painting is the only ones that work for terrain. Other ones are for objects, roads, rivers, etc.
they all are under terrain. can i change the tiling like in unity?
im still a noob at cry engine

For example

they all are under terrain. can i change the tiling like in unity?
im still a noob at cry engine
Tilt as in the Angles? Then Yes.
You can play with the angles in that location in the picture. You can set it for say side mountains, everywhere and all.
http://docs.cryengine.com/display/CEMAN ... -PaintMode

My guess is your materials is using the Illum shader instead of the Terrain.Layer shader, but I can't be sure without seeing the definition of your material from the Material Editor.

Illum is the default, and is what you should be using for most materials, but will not work with terrain.

Here's a screen shot from my Material Editor for some grass I'm using.
Terrain.Layer Shader .PNG
Use the Terrain.Layer Shader
Terrain.Layer Shader .PNG (116.06 KiB) Viewed 709 times