How to obtain the SDK_Player Skeleton

I'm wanting to crate in 3dmax a character using the generic SDK_Player skeleton but am not able to find a way of extracting it from Cryengine. I've identified that a max version used to be available as part od a free sample assets download but that does not seem to be available anymore. The only hint of its availability is through steam but I've tried that route and the install simply does not work.

Does anyone know how the generic SDK_Player skeleton can be obtained.

Thanks

Re: How to obtain the SDK_Player Skeleton

Belgarion wrote:I'm wanting to crate in 3dmax a character using the generic SDK_Player skeleton but am not able to find a way of extracting it from Cryengine. I've identified that a max version used to be available as part od a free sample assets download but that does not seem to be available anymore. The only hint of its availability is through steam but I've tried that route and the install simply does not work.

Does anyone know how the generic SDK_Player skeleton can be obtained.

Thanks

Hey Belgarion

Currently if you go over to the Tutorials section for the videos (https://www.cryengine.com/tutorials) a sample package is provided that has over 125 examples to pick and choose from. There are over 7 rigs that are in Maya and Max. Both possessing the default rigs for the GameSDK player. There are also birds and quadruped rigs included within the folders. As for your question about Z-up. The best answer is that the engine would prefer Z-up but it is not exactly required if you are using anything. There are other nodes like the Sceneroot which will allow you to work in a Y-up space for something like HumanIK while also still being able to export. My best advice is to work in Z-up in GameSDK if you have to.

The location of the assets are as follows:

SAMPLE_v8\MAYA__EXERCISEFILES\skeleton_project\scenes
SAMPLE_v8\MAX__EXERCISEFILES\scenes\MAX__SKELETONS

Thanks

Collin