Re: trying to import .FBX file from Maximo (Adobe Fuse)

Remind me to post back here about this question. I'm working on doing exactly what you are trying to do right now and have some luck, but still some issues to sort out.

I have the skeleton, meshes and a bunch of re-targetted animations in the engine already, but there are some problems with the end result, notably:

* The reference (root) joint I added to the model isn't moving in engine, despite it doing so in MotionBuilder.
* Even though my skeleton is facing the right way in MotionBuilder, it comes out flipped 180 around the Z in CRYENGINE. I've tried using the import tools ability to align it the other way, but those don't seem to affect the end result. I'm starting to suspect the 'Reference' joint I had to add to the Mixamo character model might be causing some of this.
* My initial attempt to pull in the skins from the model had them facing backwards (actually correctly forward down the Y, but that was backwards according to the skeleton). I'll just have to try a few options to see why that's happening.
* Finally, although I'm pretty sure the FBX Mesh import did correctly bring in a smooth shaded model, the one I get from exporting a SKIN in 3DS max is oddly faceted.

I'm hoping to sort out some of these issues over the next couple of days. I'll post back here if I find a solution to them all.

Yes, like most of the videos on animation they don't use a root joint.

I think I have found one of the things that is wrong however. When I imported the FBX into Max to add a root node to the bottom of the hierarchy, I hadn't noticed that Max had converted all the bones into dummies. After switching off that import option I was able to get the bones unchanged, and then copy paste adding one as the root / reference node worked and was seen as part of the skeleton by CRYENGINE.

I haven't been able to complete the test series yet to see if that fixes the lack of root locomotion yet - will post back when I've had time to test that.

Remind me to post back here about this question. I'm working on doing exactly what you are trying to do right now and have some luck, but still some issues to sort out.

I have the skeleton, meshes and a bunch of re-targetted animations in the engine already, but there are some problems with the end result, notably:

* The reference (root) joint I added to the model isn't moving in engine, despite it doing so in MotionBuilder.
* Even though my skeleton is facing the right way in MotionBuilder, it comes out flipped 180 around the Z in CRYENGINE. I've tried using the import tools ability to align it the other way, but those don't seem to affect the end result. I'm starting to suspect the 'Reference' joint I had to add to the Mixamo character model might be causing some of this.
* My initial attempt to pull in the skins from the model had them facing backwards (actually correctly forward down the Y, but that was backwards according to the skeleton). I'll just have to try a few options to see why that's happening.
* Finally, although I'm pretty sure the FBX Mesh import did correctly bring in a smooth shaded model, the one I get from exporting a SKIN in 3DS max is oddly faceted.

I'm hoping to sort out some of these issues over the next couple of days. I'll post back here if I find a solution to them all.
I don't think our issues are the same but okay thanks :) . I am having a different issue. i use Fuse to export my 3D player Models but in turn they won't import to Cry Engine, I Even tried it in Unity 3D and Unreal Engine and got the same Results. So it could be a adobe issue with the way the website is rendering things or something else.

Thanks for the reply,

Wild Fire Studios