Getting weapon with animations into CryENGINE

So there's something that I have been trying to do forever now, and I still haven't figured it out. Neither have I found any tutorials covering this, not even the documentation covers this! So if someone can guide me through how to do this it would save me years.

How can I set up a weapon in CryEngine with custom animations?

I would love to get some help with this, I haven't even seen anyone on the forum asking about this, all I have seen is people using the standard animations and just importing a weapon mesh :(

CryEngine-legends, veterans and everyone else, please help me with this!

Regards :)

(GAMESDK)

Re: Getting weapon with animations into CryENGINE

GameSDK is a very complex project. Not to mention it is very old and will be deprecated in the future. It is not a good idea to learn how to do things in Cryengine using GameSDK anymore. I really think more people and even beginners should be focusing on the new game templates. I do agree with you that there are not many tutorials out there and there are a few people making them using the game templates but I think you can really understand Cryengine if you start with the game templates because they are very simple and provide the absolute minimum required to build a game. I'm against for beginners start learning Cryengine with GameSDK because as I said it is such a complex project and has become very old. It will be much easier to get a new weapon with animations into Cryengine using the game templates. You still need to know a few things such as how to use Mannequin but trust me it will be a lot easier if you use the game templates. You may not have a lot of the cool stuff that GameSDK has at first but once you understand how to use the engine, you will have no trouble recreating the cool stuff that was in the GameSDK.
My Youtube Channel

gshot wrote:GameSDK is a very complex project. Not to mention it is very old and will be deprecated in the future. It is not a good idea to learn how to do things in Cryengine using GameSDK anymore. I really think more people and even beginners should be focusing on the new game templates. I do agree with you that there are not many tutorials out there and there are a few people making them using the game templates but I think you can really understand Cryengine if you start with the game templates because they are very simple and provide the absolute minimum required to build a game. I'm against for beginners start learning Cryengine with GameSDK because as I said it is such a complex project and has become very old. It will be much easier to get a new weapon with animations into Cryengine using the game templates. You still need to know a few things such as how to use Mannequin but trust me it will be a lot easier if you use the game templates. You may not have a lot of the cool stuff that GameSDK has at first but once you understand how to use the engine, you will have no trouble recreating the cool stuff that was in the GameSDK.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I am still on EaaS so I will use it for some time until they CryTek release more tutorials. But if I wanted to import weapons with custom animations, how can I do it? There's seriously not a single page, tut or post on the forum that covers this which makes it very hard. This is the only problem I have with the SDK as I have figured most other things out myself and fixed.

Do you please know how I can import with custom animations and set up to work as regular weapon the sdk?
Please.

Regards.

It's not a simple process and I can't explain it all through text. Someone will have to make a video tutorial about it. The reason it's so hard is again because GameSDK is very complex (and very old) and has a lot of specific requirements for a custom weapon with custom animations. You need to have everything right both in your 3D modeling program and in Cryengine for the weapon to work properly in the GameSDK project. I personally have stopped working with the GameSDK project after so many years and now using the game templates that come with the engine and building from scratch. Anyway, here are some links that will help you for sure, you need to read and really understand everything in these links (keeping in mind some of the stuff may be outdated) and experiment yourself and eventually you will start to understand how to get a new weapon with custom animations to work with GameSDK. Notice how I didn't say how to get a new weapon with custom animations to work with Cryengine, because Cryengine and GameSDK are very different things right now in my opinion:

https://www.cryengine.com/community_arc ... 5&t=126045
https://www.cryengine.com/community_arc ... 5&t=135307
https://www.cryengine.com/community_arc ... 1&t=134962

Also, you can download the sample assets pack that contains source files (3dsmax, maya) for GameSDK characters, weapons etc from this page:
https://www.cryengine.com/tutorials

The sample assets pack is VERY important. You definitely need it.
My Youtube Channel