Custom NPC

Hi guys, excuse me for my English. I have a question about a topic that I have not been able to solve for some time. I want to create an NPC that executes in a loop several animations (Walk, Idle). I have exported the character and the animations of walk and idle in the mannequin editor work fine, but I do not know what to do from this point to make it work in the editor. I would appreciate some help.

I give the example of witcher 3

- An NPC located in the same position while performing various animations.
- An NPC that walks along a path or moves randomly while running various animations.

Thanks for your time.

Ps: I am currently working with Cryengine 3.8.6 and I am exporting with the CAT tool

Re: Custom NPC

I was just looking for the same information really. Was thinking about using AI Human as base to import different models, as you can simply trigger them to go along the path and perform animations.. However I got stuck with the workflow. Using CE5 myself though.
It would be great if someone familiar with such work could shed some light on how to tackle this, what would be the workflow?

What would be the way to create new AI Human entity - can we use GameSDK AI Human for that? Simple guidelines would be highly appreciated. BTW I've read docs.
Sorry Alguacil, don't mean to hijack your post - I think our goal pretty the same :)

Alguacil wrote:Hi guys, excuse me for my English. I have a question about a topic that I have not been able to solve for some time. I want to create an NPC that executes in a loop several animations (Walk, Idle). I have exported the character and the animations of walk and idle in the mannequin editor work fine, but I do not know what to do from this point to make it work in the editor. I would appreciate some help.

I give the example of witcher 3

- An NPC located in the same position while performing various animations.
- An NPC that walks along a path or moves randomly while running various animations.

Thanks for your time.

Ps: I am currently working with Cryengine 3.8.6 and I am exporting with the CAT tool

Re: Custom NPC

mknmknmknjk wrote:using state machine and behaviour selection

Thanks, does it mean we still should use Lua for entity scripting? I'm a bit confused with it as I've seen some opinions that apparently we should avoid lua as it will be deprecated.