Audio Area Ambience with Area Solid

Hi,

I was wondering if the Area Solid entity is still supported? I'm trying to create an area for a building to assign an Audio Area Ambience to, but because of the shape of the building, I can't just use an Area Box or Area Shape (it has a slanted roof - see attachment). I have the Area Solid set up in the shape of the building, but the AAA doesn't seem to work properly when linked to it, specifically the 'environment.'

Also, having two or more Area Boxes and AAAs next to each other with the same properties seems to confuse the global RTPC and environment amounts when moving between them, so I can't use that method.

How would you recommend doing this?
Attachments
House.png
House.png (1.51 MiB) Viewed 2570 times

Re: Audio Area Ambience with Area Solid

It works now - but out of interest why do you have to create a hole for it to work? I can't access the documentation on it.

Also another thing I've noticed, the Environment on the AAA doesn't seem to work if the environment distance is less than around 4. Even when I have the distance set higher than 4 the environment amount shown in the audio debug never reaches 1.00 when I'm inside the area - it tends to stay around 0.90. Any idea why this is?

It works now - but out of interest why do you have to create a hole for it to work? I can't access the documentation on it.
You need openings on that area type which resemble things like doors or windows for the solid specific ambient sound to travel out from and ambience of potential parent areas to travel into.
Also another thing I've noticed, the Environment on the AAA doesn't seem to work if the environment distance is less than around 4. Even when I have the distance set higher than 4 the environment amount shown in the audio debug never reaches 1.00 when I'm inside the area - it tends to stay around 0.90. Any idea why this is?
Which entity do you use for applying the environment to? Know that the distance is calculated to the nearest opening on the solid. Can you show a screenshot/video of the setup in question?

Here's a screenshot of my test setup in which everything worked as expected.
solid1.png
solid1.png (1.74 MiB) Viewed 2472 times

I'm using an AAA to apply the environment. Here's a screenshot of the area solid with the opening highlighted and the AAA properties shown.

"Know that the distance is calculated to the nearest opening on the solid."

^ Does this apply only when you're outside of the area? When I enter through the doorway the value stays fixed wherever I am in the area, which is what I want to happen. However when the environment distance is lower than around 4, even if I enter through the correct opening, the value never reaches 1.

Screenshot 2.png shows the result when the environment distance is set to 4. The "House" environment value reaches 1 which is fine.

Screenshot 3.png shows the result when the environment distance is set to 1, and the house environment value only reaches around 0.85.
Attachments
Screenshot 3.png
Screenshot 3.png (727.19 KiB) Viewed 2449 times
Screenshot 2.png
Screenshot 2.png (699.15 KiB) Viewed 2449 times
Screenshot 1.png
Screenshot 1.png (2.01 MiB) Viewed 2449 times