Re: how to make 3D UI for VR in sandbox

Hi,
I'll try to explain as far as i know by the permission of ALLAH.

Firstly, you can try with "UIEntity" in Cryengine's entity panel in Rollup bar.

(Don't forget to choose "dynamic 2d map" at the bottom of diffuse map when you write your ui name on material editor window.)

But, this entity has not any flow graph input/output.
Therefore, it can be useless for the special moments.

Secondly, you can choose, the "monitor" shader for your material from material editor window.
But don't forget, when you switch your material's current shader to "monitor" shader and you must increase the emissive intensity.

If this was not usefull, please feel free to write.

Bye!

thecleanuser wrote:Hi,
I'll try to explain as far as i know by the permission of ALLAH.

Firstly, you can try with "UIEntity" in Cryengine's entity panel in Rollup bar.

(Don't forget to choose "dynamic 2d map" at the bottom of diffuse map when you write your ui name on material editor window.)

But, this entity has not any flow graph input/output.
Therefore, it can be useless for the special moments.

Secondly, you can choose, the "monitor" shader for your material from material editor window.
But don't forget, when you switch your material's current shader to "monitor" shader and you must increase the emissive intensity.

If this was not usefull, please feel free to write.

Bye!

I tried to test the following four ways.
the first way: use UI Entity,but there is a bug with UI Entity bug, the flash ui element assigned to Ui Entity will appear "dual eye UI" phenomenon in VR world."dual eye UI" means that you will see two same flash UI element in VR world!
the sceond way: use ILLUM Shader, if you assign flash UI to Illum shader,Sunlight will affect flash Ui element on modle surface to render.
the third way: use Referimage shader, if you assign flash UI to Referimage shader.you will see your model edge will appear "sawtooth" phenomenon.
the forth way:use monitor shader,if you assign flash UI to monitor shader,flash UI on monitor shader is not visible at all !

Hi again!

I'm sorry but, i could not understand.

Please, specify that.

When you switch your shader to "monitor" shader, could you see your model?
I mean, was it invisible or you saw only black colour?
If the color was black, just repeat the same actions that specified there "emissive intensity".

And i'm sorry about "vr" situation. I have not enough "vr" experience to talk about it.

thecleanuser wrote:Hi again!

I'm sorry but, i could not understand.

Please, specify that.

When you switch your shader to "monitor" shader, could you see your model?
I mean, was it invisible or you saw only black colour?
If the color was black, just repeat the same actions that specified there "emissive intensity".

And i'm sorry about "vr" situation. I have not enough "vr" experience to talk about it.

If enable "emissive intensity",so whole flash UI will all be emissive intensity.I don't want to see this effect!