Speedtree to Cryengine 5

Hello dear Crytek. I'm sorry to bother you, but is compelled by circumstances.
I'm with the team developing the project and during the development we faced the problem of migration
of vegetation from the program speedtree into the engine. I saw that you plan to integrate this program.
I beg you to do it in the next update if possible.
I think this option is interesting not only for our team but to the whole community Cryengine.

Re: Speedtree to Cryengine 5

vise19 wrote:Hello dear Crytek. I'm sorry to bother you, but is compelled by circumstances.
I'm with the team developing the project and during the development we faced the problem of migration
of vegetation from the program speedtree into the engine. I saw that you plan to integrate this program.
I beg you to do it in the next update if possible.
I think this option is interesting not only for our team but to the whole community Cryengine.

Currently it is only in discussion and has been for some time. You can still export Speedtree geometry and configure it to be used in the engine. On my personal project I have 100s of types of Speedtree species working in my game.

Collinbishop, you are a big fellow. But here the case is different. The essence of my request is that the simplification of access to all operations serve as an excellent point for the development community. And it's not just our ambitions. Much more important is the fact that Crytek is implementing these technologies will be able to move competitors such as unreal engine and unity, which have already implemented these technologies and develop them. But this is only one side. On the other hand it will attract additional independent Studio, who are now sceptical about the cryengine because of its complexity. The more that Crytek is currently implementing system schematic.

Schematyc is a blessing for us since CE lacks a system like UE4's blueprints. It's highly needed.

Adding Speedtree for CE will probably add a $19 subscription per month per user like Unity and UE4 has. It's not much ofcourse and it's totally worth it. But it depends on the priority and how important Speedtree is for CE's future.

It is important that an increasing number of professional studios are moving to modeling in the program. It was done in games like watch dogs 2 and Witcher 3. But it is not important. It is enough useful for modeling and gives designers additional opportunities the physical properties of objects (the wind and touch bending), which, in turn, the engine sees. I can imagine what opportunities would be opened, when combining physical properties and Speedtree rendering Cryengine.
Another very problematic aspect for me is the migration of vegetation in the engine. Yesterday went for a plant. I had to cut all the speedtree settings and re-customize everything in 3ds max. It is very inconvenient.