Material place.

Hi,
When you use a proxy, just assign a new material(as seperated from the original one) and just name it your "proxy material"s place.
For example, since today, I've decied to use proxies, I don't want to use the proxy material in every material file.
So, just assign your object's material and choose a new material in 3ds max and name it where's your proxy.(Example: "YourfolderName/yourproxy'sname" or in detail " Materials/special/collision_proxy_entitiesonly").

(Don't forget that physics(in 3ds max's material window) only your proxy's material can be enabled, and all of others must be disabled.
If I will not do this, what will occur? You will be used just a few proxies for your object. That's bad way and seems like nonesense. Because your proxy lose what does it means.

Additional notes:
I use for all of my proxies the same material which is in ("Objects/objmat/defaultProxy")
To see in detail, please refer to Cryengine's sample asset's character.

Have nice day,
ALLAH bless you.
Attachments
12.png
12.png (159.97 KiB) Viewed 317 times
11.png
11.png (136.24 KiB) Viewed 317 times

Re: Material place.

thecleanuser wrote:Hi,
When you use a proxy, just assign a new material(as seperated from the original one) and just name it your "proxy material"s place.
For example, since today, I've decied to use proxies, I don't want to use the proxy material in every material file.
So, just assign your object's material and choose a new material in 3ds max and name it where's your proxy.(Example: "YourfolderName/yourproxy'sname" or in detail " Materials/special/collision_proxy_entitiesonly").

(Don't forget that physics(in 3ds max's material window) only your proxy's material can be enabled, and all of others must be disabled.
If I will not do this, what will occur? You will be used just a few proxies for your object. That's bad way and seems like nonesense. Because your proxy lose what does it means.

Additional notes:
I use for all of my proxies the same material which is in ("Objects/objmat/defaultProxy")
To see in detail, please refer to Cryengine's sample asset's character.

Have nice day,
ALLAH bless you.

Assalam O Alaikum / Hi

Your method is pretty long but when i create models and apply proxy material to it its not pretty long method or difficult.
I just follow few thing.

1. When i create model i also create its simplified proxy / that has not enough segments
2. When i apply material on it i always create multi/sub-object material
3. I apply the Specified Material ID on it and i make sure that Proxy is collide/NoDraw and physicalized.
4. Link everything with a dummy & Export.

Thats it.
Director @ MARKHOR Games Pakistan https://www.facebook.com/MARKHORGames/

Re: Material place.

Hi,
I know that method. But when you do that, you must add a few materials more and each of your models's material will be multi-material.
But the way that I said little bit different. Firstly you assign(the main material) to your model. Then, just click onto a new material and name it your "proxy(mtl) "s location.(Example: "YourFolderWhichIsInsideOfGameSdk/additionalFolderNames/yourmtl'sname"

ALLAH bless you.