cryengine or blender

hi! im new in cryengine and i want to make a tps game with my group {the game is in an island} i just want to know wich is better for modeling i saw some guys those who used cryengine to make object and some those who used blender for that and i learned using blender i just want to know wich is better for the material and these things and wich is better for just modeling {without material} and its important to knoing about ease of the use cause i should teach it to my group too srry for bad english
PS: if this question has been asked before pls replay the link if u can TY :D

Re: cryengine or blender

Not sure of the scope of the question but,

CRYENGINE has a Designer Tool which is mainly used for whiteboxing, it doesn't have as many features as a dedicated DCC tool such as blender or max for example. Materials are created either through dedicated max and maya plugins or via the engine separately (Either manually or via the FBX Importer). Material are just meta data which hold the configuration of the materials such as which shader to use and which textures to use among many other things.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Re: cryengine or blender

Not sure of the scope of the question but,

CRYENGINE has a Designer Tool which is mainly used for whiteboxing, it doesn't have as many features as a dedicated DCC tool such as blender or max for example. Materials are created either through dedicated max and maya plugins or via the engine separately (Either manually or via the FBX Importer). Material are just meta data which hold the configuration of the materials such as which shader to use and which textures to use among many other things.
ty