About Alphas

I Have some png images, with Transparent backgrounds, or, called Alpha pixels X x How-ever, I Can't import them in-to Cry-engine, it's like the Alpha channel is deleted, and it just becomes a Flat, white plane, with the Image, On top X x

What am I Doing wrong ? ? I Use Ms Paint And, Ms Paint 3D To create them - Does Cry-engine require special Pre-made Pictures, with Alphas, To work ? ?

Please help, I'm Stuck <3 <3

Re: About Alphas

Hi there,

Currently when importing the alpha is discarded due to Normal presets having issues with alpha (Considered Gloss Maps/ddna).
You can use ImageMagick manually to create a .tif and then run this tif through the RC tool to generate the AlbedoWithGenericAlpha texture.

For convenience, you can create a batch file in the ImageMagick folder that you can drag and drop compatible image files onto that will convert and launch the RC tool for you:

Code: Select all

@echo off
SET MAGICK_CODER_MODULE_PATH=modules\coders
pushd %~dp0
call convert.exe "%~dpn1%~x1" "%~dpn1.tif"
call %~dp0..\..\rc\rc.exe "%~dpn1.tif" /userdialog
popd
As noted, you would not want to drop normal maps onto this batch file unless the alpha is a gloss map and you are making a ddna texture.

Create a file called convert.bat and place this inside the ImageMagick folder.
By default this is located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\CRYENGINE_5.5\Tools\thirdparty\ImageMagick

Then you can drag and drop .png files for example with alpha, and select the AlbedoWithGenericAlpha preset and save the .tif/generate the .dds from there.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin