Re: Transformation of the object into the terrain

All clear. I asked this question because I need to know how to import the terrain in the form of a 3D object from the 3D Max in CryEngine 3 with full match. I have a landscape of 1445x1445 meters. I need to import it, as terrayne to the engine without any deviations. So that it FULLY corresponded to the object. The height map makes significant distortions. Therefore, I felt that joining the object to the terrain would help me solve the problem. And is there any way to transfer 3D terrain with a height map without any distortions? Exactly the same?

You would need to import the terrain as a heightmap.
What kind of distortions are you seeing? (Exaggerated peaks can be fixed I believe by setting the max terrain height before importing - you may need to tweak this value)
Also make sure your terrain heightmap resolution is the same as your heightmap, and that the file format of your heightmap is 16bit, eg, 16bit RAW or PGM.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

I know that it is necessary to use heightmap. But I always have distortions. And I need 100% coincidence. I've tried everything. The fact is that my terrain is a 3D object that was created in 3d max. In addition, the object has non-standard dimensions: 1445462x1445.462 (in the form of a square), and also the height of 121.829. As you can understand, such dimensions can not be used in CryEngine, so I put a square on the object with a size of 2048s2048, after which I try to make a heightmap. Whatever I did, it does not work out for me. And most importantly - this object is very unusual: there are many important holes in it, which must be copied exactly in the same way as on the object. I do not know what to do. I'll give you the original object: if you want, you can try to do something. I will be very grateful if you explain to me what the problem is or at least give a ready-made heightmap.

MyTerrain: https://yadi.sk/d/V3aKqAa53aXsHZ

The heightmap dimenions need to match the level terrain dimensions exactly.
You will need to resize your terrain map to match the level dimensions afaik.

You could export a blank terrain heightmap from your level and superimpose your terrain onto that heightmap how you want, then reimport.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin