Speed Tree

So I made a tree in speed tree and exported it into cryengine. I imported the tree from the fbx mesh importer and made a MTL for the tree. After I made the MTL and assigned it to the tree it looked how it did in speed tree for a quick second and then it went to shit. Anyone have any clue what happened and how to fix it?
Last edited by Spidey Unit on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Attachments
tree st.png
this is how it looked in cryengine for a quick second when i applied the mtl
tree st.png (1.99 MiB) Viewed 2473 times
tree.png
after it looked like this
tree.png (4.08 MiB) Viewed 2473 times

Re: Speed Tree

Do you know how I would go about setting it up?
Have you figured out how to set up a multi-material?

My directions might not be totally accurate, but to set up a multi-material, right click the material you want to convert, and there should be an option to 'create a multi-material.' I believe if you right-click again, you can set the number of sub-materials. Presumably you probably need 2. One for the trunk and the other for the branches. Set up the proper sub-materials and apply the multi-material to your tree.

Your model should have the multi material parts (IDs) defined if it uses them. The order of the multi material defines which id is used afaik.
To assign your new multi material set to your object, in the material editor (Legacy), you can click the button near the top called "Assign item to selected objects" (top left icon).
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Your model should have the multi material parts (IDs) defined if it uses them. The order of the multi material defines which id is used afaik.
To assign your new multi material set to your object, in the material editor (Legacy), you can click the button near the top called "Assign item to selected objects" (top left icon).
Thank you