3Ds Max Biped Animation Export Locomotion Issue in Mannequin

Hi,

i hope someone can help me out? :)

i have a little problem and i don't know how to solve it. I want to integrate new animations for the SDK_Player Character.
So far i have animated the SDK_Player Character in 3Ds Max. After that i imported the necessary files to cryengine.

Inside the character editor the animation looks right.

Inside the mannequin the animation translates the character away from the origin and also does'nt take my animated
rotation into account.

AnimationWrongInMannequin_crop.jpg
Same animation different results.
AnimationWrongInMannequin_crop.jpg (1001.36 KiB) Viewed 601 times

I noticed that if i turn on Animation Driven in the character editor the Animation looks wrong but the same as in the mannequin.

I don't know where to fix this. Is it in the animation itself? Does mannequin have a hidden magic button?
I have to animate the Bip01 Bone to animate the Position and a forward fall rotation of the character, but i don't want mannequin to take
that as a Locomotion translation vector.

Please help me, thanks :)

Greetings

Re: 3Ds Max Biped Animation Export Locomotion Issue in Mannequin

Cryengine 3.X:
OK, problem is SOLVED! :)

Solution:
Make sure to export "*.i_caf" from 3DS Max!

Description:
If the file is a *.i_caf, the ResourceCompiler is picking up the file and take the locator_locomotion, found in the exported file, and convert it to a
motion that moves the skinned Character in the correct supposed way.
If the file is a *.caf than the ResourceCompiler never touches the file and therefore never apply the locator_locomotion animation to the movement.
Instead the Mannequin grabs the Bip01 Pelvis (or Bip01 as root?) animation for the location and ignores some Rotations (local X Rotations i think) for the rest of the rig.

Greetings,

Sebastian K.