Re: BCRY Exporter - Blender to CryEngine Content Pipeline

Hello,please help me anyone!
When I exported my object into CE5 from blenderI didn't see my materials....
What is the problem?
I have .mtl file
If you can show me how to post image there I would post some sreenshots
Did you try Debug > Reload Geometry, alternatively reloading Level or Editor? It happened to me couple of times. Would be helpful to know what sort of object you have.
GorbashGaming - Beginner Tutorials for CE https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIjN10 ... Img/videos

What is the problem?
I have .mtl file
About how to post an image:
You need to have the image somewhere on the web, like imageshack or so.
Then you can post it when you put the address of your image between the img tags, like:

Code: Select all

[img]https://www.cryengine.com/files/showcase/images/_690x/0397.jpg[/img]
Then it looks like this for example: Image
Or you put the address betwenn the url tags:

Code: Select all

[url]https://www.cryengine.com/files/showcase/images/_690x/0397.jpg[/url]
And it looks like this:
https://www.cryengine.com/files/showcas ... x/0397.jpg

Hope that helps
Charalampos :-)

Hello feedbackex, I got this following Traceback error while trying to convert my character's hair. I did exactly as in the tutorial video and lastly I removed 3 weightless vertices in hair object. My character's hair is not regular realistic "hair" it's more like anime styled chunk like clothes and other normal objects.
[Debug] BCry: 'D:\\ohjelmat\\Cryengine\\CRYENGINE Launcher\\Crytek\\CRYENGINE_5.4\\Tools\\rc\\rc.exe'

[Info] BCry: '"hair" object is being processed...'
[Info] BCry: 'Positions have been writed 0.0042 seconds.'
[Info] BCry: 'Normals have been writed 0.0553 seconds.'
[Info] BCry: 'UVs have been writed 0.0103 seconds.'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\ohjelmat\2.78\scripts\addons\io_bcry_exporter\__init__.py", line 2975, in execute
export.save(config)
File "D:\ohjelmat\2.78\scripts\addons\io_bcry_exporter\export.py", line 1106, in save
exporter.export()
File "D:\ohjelmat\2.78\scripts\addons\io_bcry_exporter\export.py", line 74, in export
self._export_library_geometries(root_element)
File "D:\ohjelmat\2.78\scripts\addons\io_bcry_exporter\export.py", line 220, in _export_library_geometries
object_, bmesh_, mesh_node, geometry_name)
File "D:\ohjelmat\2.78\scripts\addons\io_bcry_exporter\export.py", line 318, in _write_vertex_colors
loop = vert.link_loops[0]
IndexError: BMElemSeq[index]: index 0 out of range

EDIT:

I found out the reason. Your tool to "find weightless" is able to find single separated vertices but it didn't find vertice-edge-vertice (aka dot-line-dot) particles hovering around the object.
I still like using this addon and it's essential for our current game project. You guys have made a great job. Keep doing your best :)

Hello there!

i have been having trouble with Bcry Exporter lately and I'm wondering if you can help me out.

so i am following all the steps correctly (i think) and i can export my models to cryengine.
the problem is that the materials i put on them are not showing up in Cryengine!
When i try to place it in cryengine, it shows up with a grey image (no texture) and states this Warning " Texture does not exist [File=../../../../texture's/Natural/Rock/rock.dds] "

don't know what that means, but it sounds like my texture file does not exist ( :oops: ).. can someone, anyone, please help me?
Thxsomch

What is the problem?
I have .mtl file
Did you try Debug > Reload Geometry, alternatively reloading Level or Editor? It happened to me couple of times. Would be helpful to know what sort of object you have.
same problem!
did you figure it out?
if so, please tell me!

What is the problem?
I have .mtl file
same problem!
did you figure it out?
if so, please tell me!
Did you try with simple model. How many materials. Were there separated objects in the Blender and grouped into one group (node). You may also try to reload your materials. It works for me although I'm still using v. 5.2
GorbashGaming - Beginner Tutorials for CE https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIjN10 ... Img/videos

Hi. I'm currently having issues with exporting a test character.
I've quickly created a skeleton randomly (just for learning the character export). I've successfully exported it to CryEngine. But it seems to be kind of broken. I've also downloaded the file with the Player_SDK skeleton to have a comparison. The Player_SDK skeleton exports just fine. Does anybody have any idea what is wrong with my test skeleton? I've attached two screenshots. One of them shows the skeleton in Blender. The other one shows it inside of the Character Tool. I've also attached the .blend file for you.
I already applied all transformations, created a root bone and assigned a primitive to the skeleton (like I've mentioned: it exports just fine). It's just messed up inside the Engine.

Thanks for your time.
- Jannis

EDIT: I'm using Blender 2.79 and CryEngine 5.4.
I've also tried to export a basic human metarig. Works fine aswell. It seems to be related to my bone setup. But I don't know what I did wrong.

Blender Skeleton:
Blender Skeleton.png
Blender Skeleton.png (34.45 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
Inside CryEngine:
Cryengine Skeleton.png
Cryengine Skeleton.png (29.15 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
Testchar_CryEngine.rar
(139.08 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

Hi hypercardioid,
Thanks for the fast response.
I've now added the skeleton to the group (Testchar.chr Group) and I corrected the Root Bone. But still the same result.
I'm pretty sure that it has to do with my skeleton setup. If I delete some bones, then everything is fine. I've attached a screenshot of the same seleton with just the bones:
Root, Lower_Body, Upper_Body and Head. That works just fine.
Char.png
Char.png (36.33 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
By the way: I've also tried to add Head.001 and Head.002. Works fine also. Here is what this looks like:
char2.png
char2.png (22.52 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
As soon as I add Bone.003 or Bone.004 (the Bones at the sides), the skeleton gets broken. It somehow has to do with these bones.

I've now tried the FBX Importer (for the full skeleton). This looks much better:
import.png
import.png (100.4 KiB) Viewed 1307 times