3ds max 2017 to cryengine 5

Hey guys, So i got the free student version of 3ds max 2017, which includes everything they offer. I tried following the manuals steps. I copied the loadcrymaxtools into autodesk-3dsmax2017-scripts-startup. This is what the tutorial told me to do. When I start 3dsmax however, it tells me "no cryengine 3 exporter found". I am at a complete loss.

So I have cryengine V installed and working, and I also have 3ds max 2017 installed and working. but I don't know how to set them both up to make it work. The tutorials I found are not really helpful and don't explain a lot. Help would be greatly appreciated.

V/r

para82

Re: 3ds max 2017 to cryengine 5

If 3DSMax 2017 is supported (not sure but if it is there should be a CryExport19_64.dlu file there somewhere, copy that in too), you would also need to adjust the RC dir in SettingsMgr.exe in the Tools folder. It should point to the engine installation root folder. What does it say there?

All working in 2017,
goto Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\CRYENGINE_5.3\Tools run SettingsMgr.exe click Use SettingsMgr.exes location and you sould get the 2 green ticks.
Then run CryToolsInstaller.exe as admin click install and 3ds max 2017.
and it will install the plugin for you.
Hope it helps

leonuk wrote:All working in 2017,
goto Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\CRYENGINE_5.3\Tools run SettingsMgr.exe click Use SettingsMgr.exes location and you sould get the 2 green ticks.
Then run CryToolsInstaller.exe as admin click install and 3ds max 2017.
and it will install the plugin for you.
Hope it helps

hi, does not working, i have just one green tick on tools. please help///