Rendering mesh for UI purposes

Hi. I am aiming to add some of my 3d models into UI, for overviewing items. I didn't want it to be entity related, obviously I can spawn empty entity that will be storing this geometry, and swap geometries whenever I want, eventually.
But I would like this mesh to be in front of the camera always in some specific place in UI. I was thinking what is the proper way to do it. So far I use pEntity->LoadGeometry() method, and I take position and forward direction of the camera to place it where I want. Is this the proper way? Or is there any other way to render meshes. I tried with IStatObj interface, and I got the pointer, but all I can do with it is to apply it to some entity, which is the same as calling LoadGeometry. Any ideas?
Cryengine tutorial videos on my Youtube channel! Check it out !
https://www.youtube.com/user/MusicForLifePL20

Re: Rendering mesh for UI purposes

put mesh in position of near clip plane+20 , put plane mesh with blur texture in position of near clip plane+40. better parent mesh to camera entity ,then your mouse pan updown and left right to change local rotation.

for render 3d viewport , you need render target from camera. then you can mix it with ui.

for now, cryengine does not have ui assigned with material.
Last edited by mknmknmknjk on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, yeah, this is one option. That's what I do at the moment. The problem is that mesh in front of the camera may intersect with other objects in some specific camera positions. Walls etc. So it should be drawn always on the top. I saw the other topic here, that show how to make mesh render on the top, I'll need to test it. However.. is simple loading geometry for entity placed in front of camera correct way to do it?

Mknmknmknjk - what is the plane with blur texture for ?
Cryengine tutorial videos on my Youtube channel! Check it out !
https://www.youtube.com/user/MusicForLifePL20

do you see the blur staff behind mesh. that a plane
with material with blur texture assigned.just alway face camera.

unreal engine 4 and cryengine have ui that have material assigned. and can write shader .

cryengine lack this.

and cryengine does not tell where to get render target from camera.
do not support multi camera rendering.