Re: Dynamic Weather System? CE V

nolanloh wrote:
lavizh wrote:That is good to hear. I'll have a chat with some people on monday to see what the problem is. Maybe the country just isn't on the approved list by mistake. We will check.

Nobody from crytek responded regarding this issue here or contacted me.

Hey Nolanloh,

Sorry to hear you are having issues uploading your assets on the marketplace. Of course we want to help you become a vendor and help to support the community with your assets and programs like you have done in the past. I have to say that I am a bit bewildered about your attitude, though. As has been pointed out several times here, if we restrict countries from the marketplace it isn't because we don't care. It's because there are legal or economic restrictions.

Our marketplace and Crytek as a company are under many legal restrictions in that regard and our payment provider might yet be operating under different laws. As we are doing international business, those restrictions mustn't necessarily just reside in the German jurisdiction. So it's false to assume just because there aren't any restrictions on the German market, that it must be neglect or discrimination from our side. Calling us out in such a fashion and proclaiming intent in this regard is close to slander and I feel like this isn't the way to go about things in a civilized conversation; especially not if you expect help and good service from the designated party. It would be appreciated if you had been so forthcoming as to accept the offer made in this thread several times that your case is escalated to the proper parties so we can look into it instead of continuing to spread false information.

I understand that those restrictions are frustrating, believe me we're in the same boat. But taking out your frustration on others isn't going to help solving the situation. Please contact marketplace[at]cryengine.com for help and explain your situation factually (ideally without implying any intend from our side ) and my colleagues will gladly check the facts for you. You can also ask them about the legal situation if you aren't sure what the problem is - they'll be happy to provide you with a legally compliant answer from our respective department. As previously stated, please allow a week for a response.

And lastly, I am bewildered of the notion that just because 'Crytek' doesn't have a perfect overview of any word in any of the 3,911+ posts on this forum at any given point in time equals 'neglect' or 'indifference' towards your case. We rely on great people like Lavizh who has in fact responded to your plea almost immediately and he is an extension of Crytek in this regard. Not to mention our fantastic community represented by others in this topic like uniflare or creating1 or even the OP who all extended a hand and offered great input on reasons and on how to solve your issue. We have given your contributions exposure on our official channels before because we appreciate what you give to our community. We appreciate your work.

Maybe you feel better now that a Crytek employee has taken the time to detail this out for you in a longer post although I feel you already had a lot of attention from great and caring people who provided a lot of options. All I did was adding some information that is openly available here in the forum for everybody. I sincerely hope to have positively contributed to the situation's resolve and would like to extend the hand further by adding that our door is always open and I am happy to receive a private message in case something can't be solved here.

Thanks for getting in touch,

Cheers,
Nic
CRYENGINE Community Manager

I'm manning the CRYENGINE stations on Facebook & Twitter as well, so come and say hi!
My personal Twittering may contain nuts.

Get to know me.

Hey nic, first of all i would like to introduce my self: I am a big fan of cryengine, crysis, farcry since 2004. Crytek's games is one of the reasons I've become programmer professionally. By posting here i do not mean to slander or harm crytek.

cry-nic wrote:Of course we want to help you become a vendor and help to support the community with your assets and programs like you have done in the past.

2 months later: so far, nobody from crytek provided any solution nor contacted me directly regarding this issue.

cry-nic wrote:So it's false to assume just because there aren't any restrictions on the German market, that it must be neglect or discrimination from our side. Calling us out in such a fashion and proclaiming intent in this regard is close to slander and I feel like this isn't the way to go about things in a civilized conversation;

No offence but please, check out meaning of word "discrimination". I doubt that any member of this community will consider my posts here as slander.

cry-nic wrote:instead of continuing to spread false information.

I did not spread any bit of false information. Crytek does not allow me to publish anything on Marketplace, which is a fact. They are not going to change anything because of 1 single developer which is a fact. They discriminate me and millions of others from Marketplace - fact.

cry-nic wrote:I understand that those restrictions are frustrating, believe me we're in the same boat.

No, we don't. I am the developer and you are the community manager = different worlds.

cry-nic wrote:Please contact marketplace[at]cryengine.com for help and explain your situation factually (ideally without implying any intend from our side ) and my colleagues will gladly check the facts for you.

No answer from them.

cry-nic wrote:And lastly, I am bewildered of the notion that just because 'Crytek' doesn't have a perfect overview of any word in any of the 3,911+ posts on this forum at any given point in time equals 'neglect' or 'indifference' towards your case.

So you cant monitor 10 or less posts per day?

cry-nic wrote:Not to mention our fantastic community represented by others in this topic like uniflare or creating1 or even the OP who all extended a hand and offered great input on reasons and on how to solve your issue.

So you are actually considering VPN and fake identity for a good advice?

cry-nic wrote:We have given your contributions exposure on our official channels before because we appreciate what you give to our community. We appreciate your work.

All community news posts about my work was published by Lavizh, thanks to him!

cry-nic wrote:Maybe you feel better now that a Crytek employee has taken the time to detail this out for you in a longer post although I feel you already had a lot of attention from great and caring people who provided a lot of options.

I do not need attention or "longer post" or "Open Letters". Just allow me to publish my work.

That is what everyone want here.

With all my respect to crytek, or what left of it.

We'll get this system on the Marketplace in one way or another. Would love to see this as plugin and Component for CEV.

I will follow this up until we get an official reply.

This is an official reply from Crytek as was my reply before this one:

If you would like me to follow up on your request with marketplace[at]cryengine.com please send me a PM about the details of your request; date, email address it had been sent from, contents - and I will find out what happened to your ticket to provide an update.

I have one single comment to rectify something you said above: Any endorsement for your contribution on our official channels comes from Crytek employees, as much as our moderators. Lavizh can suggest things to us and has suggested and published your work in the past, but rest assured that a Crytek employee has to sign off on that. So as much as I give Lavizh credit for finding and suggesting your material for official spotlights and endorsement, your impression that these were 'all thanks to him' without Crytek having any part in that is incorrect.

Other than that I'm afraid I extended my hand for help to you and your response was quite clear. I don't have more options right now. This discussion is hereby closed and I would advise you to use the channels suggested to discuss this further. We'll find out what happened to your ticket if you help us to do so.

Cheers,
Nic
CRYENGINE Community Manager

I'm manning the CRYENGINE stations on Facebook & Twitter as well, so come and say hi!
My personal Twittering may contain nuts.

Get to know me.