Re: Please help Do I have to use CryAction ?

Stay away from GameSDK. It's gonna get completely deprecated soon. And you will stuck on some certain Cryengine version. And also GameSDK is very messy, it's like trying to build game on the top of the other game. With massive amount of useless code. Build your game from scratch, using existing components, build your own components, you will be grateful when your game will become very clean, modular sandbox that you can manipulate easily.
Cryengine tutorial videos on my Youtube channel! Check it out !
https://www.youtube.com/user/MusicForLifePL20

Stay away from GameSDK. It's gonna get completely deprecated soon. And you will stuck on some certain Cryengine version. And also GameSDK is very messy, it's like trying to build game on the top of the other game. With massive amount of useless code. Build your game from scratch, using existing components, build your own components, you will be grateful when your game will become very clean, modular sandbox that you can manipulate easily.
Your reply gives me a way of thinking. Thank you very much for the video you provided on YouTube. It gives me the right way of thinking. Thank you again for your help

Good points there. Best way is to avoid the GameSDK completely and use a template suitable for your game.

For the moment i only use Legacy Entities (i.e scripts.pak) since Components aren't exposed to Flowgraph. I'll look into Schematyc 2.0 with CE 5.6 and move my stuff over then. Current Schematyc is lacking but i think that will change during summer.

For any genre of games, there is no certainly determined properties, ideas, specifications.
If you're building your own, that means you've got your special ideas.
Compiling CryAction, CryGameSDK or any other dll is your own choice. In this case, no one can tell you whether use it or not.
It's up to you.
But in terms of grouping, if your code is general/global code, is not only about your game(for ex: math, logic and etc... operators) use them in CryAction.
If it's a function that's fully about your game(for ex: player movement, firing weapon and etc...), use it in CryGameSDK.
As for lua script, maybe you can be obliged to use them for some special reasons.
Why does the third person project start the project by expanding the component form instead of using CryAction directly?
It's by design I believe. Open-Close principle: Open for extension, Closed for modification