Re: has any one had luck figuring out this new Schematyc tool

so then its truly has little purpose. Maybe not all but i believe the majority of projects like mine aim to be able to still have limited functionality like the way the flow graph offered Lua is not the fasted as i understand how ever we get great performance with a small amount of optimization of it.

so we were hoping that schematyc was more of a same basic visual scripting tool. That is a shame if that is the case!

CryEngine was already so close to revolutionizing Indie Gaming with the visual scripting concept "aka FlowGraph".

It's impossible to make a decent game without knowing how to program.

Schematyc's job as a tool is to expose code functionality in the form of a GUI.

Not everything will be exposed, the rest is up to you to expose via code (or simply do via code).

it may work fine i may have miss understood what it was and that leading to not knowing how to understand how to use it, that being said it is not the right solution.

the ideal solution would have been to strengthen a visual scripting tool which would then set them far beyond what any other Engine has offered and revolutionized game development!

the fact that they would depreciate and eventually get rid off with out replacing it before they depreciated it with a more powerful scripting tool and not some plugin, that help programmers who claim writing code is faster programmers have less need for any plugins, Us others are interested in basically what is an c++ version of the FlowGraph.

the tool is pretty easy to use for me but it lacks somethings that ue4 has.

The one downside to using this tool is no control over how much memory is used and performance takes a big hit.

With simple basic C++ understanding this tool can become a nice plugin to create other standard templates..

Schematyc was introduced to address certain limitations with Flowgraph and to allow for more modularity.
The purpose is to give more control and creative freedom to non-programmers, designers etc.

Schematyc is still in beta, and we are still adding components. It is designed in such a way that if functionality is missing, you are more able to create it from building blocks/components brought together to create higher-level functionality. This also allows re-usability and composition in a way that Flowgraph simply cannot compete with.

We are actively improving our learning material also, which will help people getting started with Schematyc.

We always appreciate feedback and the more you can provide the better we can make the user experience be for everyone.
So keep your feedback coming!
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

The way i feel about it is that maybe some day it will be a visual scripting tool but when Schematic 2.0
comes out if it cant do every thing the flowgraph can do and and just as easily without writing any code manually, Than in my opinion Cryengine goes from the best engine to the worst!

Schematyc was introduced to address certain limitations with Flowgraph and to allow for more modularity.
The purpose is to give more control and creative freedom to non-programmers, designers etc.

Schematyc is still in beta, and we are still adding components. It is designed in such a way that if functionality is missing, you are more able to create it from building blocks/components brought together to create higher-level functionality. This also allows re-usability and composition in a way that Flowgraph simply cannot compete with.

We are actively improving our learning material also, which will help people getting started with Schematyc.

We always appreciate feedback and the more you can provide the better we can make the user experience be for everyone.
So keep your feedback coming!

The way i feel about it is that maybe some day it will be a visual scripting tool but when Schematic 2.0
comes out if it cant do every thing the flowgraph can do and and just as easily without writing any code manually, Than in my opinion Cryengine goes from the best engine to the worst!
You need to fix your attitude, because Schematyc is already way ahead of FG and it will only get better when 2.0 comes out. FG is an old dog, similar to a system I wrote back in 1995...it's ancient, primitive and out-dated. Schematyc has so much potential which is only just starting to be revealed. It takes a shift in perception to switch from the old system to the new one, although, it's not really a big shift - just a jump to the left. If you're willing to put just a little bit of time into it, and a tiny bit of faith that more functions will be exposed to Schematyc with 5.5 you will reap the rewards.

than tell me how i take a mesh/model and make it usable to give player health or weapons the same way i used BasicEntity and the FlowGraphs inventory nodes

You need to fix your attitude, because Schematyc is already way ahead of FG and it will only get better when 2.0 comes out. FG is an old dog, similar to a system I wrote back in 1995...it's ancient, primitive and out-dated. Schematyc has so much potential which is only just starting to be revealed. It takes a shift in perception to switch from the old system to the new one, although, it's not really a big shift - just a jump to the left. If you're willing to put just a little bit of time into it, and a tiny bit of faith that more functions will be exposed to Schematyc with 5.5 you will reap the rewards.

I mentioned that Schematyc needs to develop more and add more functions, and the features you request are among those functions. It's worth noting that both the things you are asking for are in CryAction, which is slowly being deprecated because it is way too specific and hard coded. They are very game specific, in particular TPS specific.

CryTek are slowly re-factoring all that code and making parts of it available via Schematyc.

You can't expect them to have completed all of that work yet, it's a huge amount of work. What you can expect is that over time, the CryAction code (FG and the like) will become more stale and outdated, and the Schematyc code will become more powerful and able.

what i expect is that they have not broken old stuff and waited to implement any schematyc until it was more usable and more complete, or have better documentation as what is available limited.

also if i cant use those functions with schematyc at this current time then what use is it.

ive now got over 100 hours into trying to learn this schematyc and have yet to get any result from it.

i was trying to use it to make camera spawn but idk what the different schematyc nodes are for and how to hook them up with out it crashing!

idk that all the trigger or signal or function under schematyc graphs do or haw to use it, it is definitely not easier to use than the fowgraph

I mentioned that Schematyc needs to develop more and add more functions, and the features you request are among those functions. It's worth noting that both the things you are asking for are in CryAction, which is slowly being deprecated because it is way too specific and hard coded. They are very game specific, in particular TPS specific.

CryTek are slowly re-factoring all that code and making parts of it available via Schematyc.

You can't expect them to have completed all of that work yet, it's a huge amount of work. What you can expect is that over time, the CryAction code (FG and the like) will become more stale and outdated, and the Schematyc code will become more powerful and able.