Re: has any one had luck figuring out this new Schematyc tool

I've had pretty good luck so far with Schematyc, with only one crash that I can recall. It's not hard to use once you get the hang of it. It's still a work in progress though, so lack of features and some crashes are to be expected.

I've made a few schematyc entities which make use of state machines and event signalling - so I'm using a lot of the functionality - and it certainly looks very promising. In fact, these days I am writing all my code to work as components and interact with others through schematyc signals, and then slapping them together into entities which I can then use like any other entity.

I've had pretty good luck so far with Schematyc, with only one crash that I can recall. It's not hard to use once you get the hang of it. It's still a work in progress though, so lack of features and some crashes are to be expected.

I've made a few schematyc entities which make use of state machines and event signalling - so I'm using a lot of the functionality - and it certainly looks very promising. In fact, these days I am writing all my code to work as components and interact with others through schematyc signals, and then slapping them together into entities which I can then use like any other entity.

you must be a very smart person i have yet to figure out how to do anything but crash the editor

sucks i spent 3 years becoming a Flow graph master and now i have to start over

Not smart, just lucky

Nah, I'm not smart, just lucky.

A lot of people seem to have crash issues with Schematyc. I have heard that turning off the preview (or whatever it is) can help prevent those crashes. It's the window that shows you what the Schematyc entity will look like in the world.

I don't have that running at all, since I'm a programmer, and mostly I concern myself with composing components and HSM instead. Maybe try switching that off, see if it helps?

I also don't have problems with schematyc. Building a lot of components in c++, making use of signals and functions,and everything is fine. The only crashes Ive experienced where coming from some of the components features, that I did not secure from crashing. I think, and I recommend to practice components writing in c++ or at least looking into them to see how they work, this will give you a better understanding of what schematyc is and how to use it.
Cryengine tutorial videos on my Youtube channel! Check it out !
https://www.youtube.com/user/MusicForLifePL20

I also don't have problems with schematyc. Building a lot of components in c++, making use of signals and functions,and everything is fine. The only crashes Ive experienced where coming from some of the components features, that I did not secure from crashing. I think, and I recommend to practice components writing in c++ or at least looking into them to see how they work, this will give you a better understanding of what schematyc is and how to use it.
i do not no c++ or have any interest in learning any programming as cryengine was once known as the solution to develope with out the need to code

Ive tried to play around with schymatic the problem is that the use programming terms in schematyc which makes it confusing

i have no idea what the difference between function and signal what to hook them to or how to even stop the engine from crashing it may be because im hooking things in schematic that shouldnt and cant be hooked as its way to over complex unlike the flowgraph