GameSDK 5.4 Compiling

Hi, how do you compile the 5.4 gamesdk? I've tried downloading the code from GitHub and put it into code folder in the new gamesdk folder. I can generate solution perfectly fine but when I try to compile the solution in VS 2017 it throws out a bunch of errors, mostly about files it can't find. So can you compile the code or nah?

Re: GameSDK 5.4 Compiling

Easiest method is to compile the DLL using the engine project - it is a sub project in the generated engine solution file.

--- Further info:
Regarding splitting GameSDK into its own separate project:
This won't work using the generate solution option for the following reasons:

1. The GameSDK code redefines function bodies in different uber files which, when generated using the default generate solution option, will combine folders into uber incorrect files. (disabling unity build could help with this, untested.
2. Certain files are not meant to be compiled (remnants of legacy code), which will break compilation. (you need to remove these files from the cmakelists)
3. The include directories, for perception manager and cry lobby, are not added by the deafult generated cmakelists.

So compiling via the engine source solution is the only way AFAIK.

--EDIT
Ok so I got it separated and working, these are the steps I took, I have attached the required cmakelists.txt file needed below;

1. Copy the GameSDK folder somewhere outside the engine directory.
2. Create a folder called Code
3. Copy the boost sdk from the SDK zip for your cryengine version to the launcher engine (if using launcher engine - it is default).
4. Copy the GameSDK code from CRYENGINE\Code\GameSDK\GameDll to your project Code folder.
5. Edit the CryGameSDK.cryproject and put the Code folder name like so:

Code: Select all

"code": [ "Code" ],
6 Generate solution as you would for any other project by using the cryproject file.
7. Delete everything in solutions\win64 EXCEPT CMakeCache.txt
8. Replace the generated cmakelists.txt file in the code folder with the attached file in this post.
9. Click "Open CMake GUI" by right clicking on the cryproject file then Configure->Generate->Open Project.
10. You should now be able to build and subsequently launch/edit the GameSDK project as usual.

Warning: Switching engine version and/or generating solution will break the project. So you will have to manually edit the cmakelists file if you are adding or removing files. You may need to repeat this process as the generated uber files will not contain your changes (unless you manually edit those too) - untested.

NOTE: You will need to modify the provided cmakelists file and match up the directory paths inside (project path/engine path).
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin
Attachments
CMakeLists.zip
Make sure to modify the file paths inside!
(7.98 KiB) Downloaded 130 times

Please somebody help me how to make step by step for CryGameSDK.dll file from the source code.
System: Win10 Pro x64
Visual Studio: 2017 Enterprise (Full installed).
I click to cry_waf.exe and download for SDKs.
Select the gamesdk and click Confirm.
This error message write to me: No wscript file in directory C:\CRYENGINE-5.4.0\Code\CryEngine\CrySchematyc\STDEnv

:(

Well I would first make your own topic for this, maximum visibility and focused help on your situation ;).

Second, WAF is not recommended. Use CMAKE.

If you have further issues make a new topic describing your precise issue with detail and what you have done to get this far (which you already did gj).

good luck
Uniflare

My personal belongings;

Hello uniflare,

Thanks for the steps, but i still dont get how to compile the gamesdk 5.4 solutions.

1) i can t find the boost sdk. Isit in the cryengine-release folder downloadable from github?

2)I dont know how to edit the crygamesdk.cryeningproject to include the code

3) and there are many cmakelist file in my code folder and i dont know which to replace

A video tutorial would be great! Many thanks in advance!!!

Hi these are custom steps for using GameSDK as standalone project.
I cannot recommend using GameSDK, you will get lost, and probably give up far sooner than if you had started with the templates.

If you really want to program C++ in GameSDK, download the GIT engine source and build that, the GameSDK source code is provided in the engine source.

I am unsure whether I will ever make a full tutorial about GameSDK, it will not be around forever and is not a good starting point. Once there are viable alternatives to most of the missing systems in the templates it will be much better.

Good luck
Uniflare

My personal belongings;