Re: Debug C# Code in Visual Studio 2017

C# debugging was added in CRYENGINE 5.5 for Visual Studio 2017 only.
https://docs.cryengine.com/display/CEPR ... Studio2017

You will need to install the bundled Visual Studio Plugin located at "CRYENGINE\Tools\VisualStudioExtensions\CryEngine.Debugger.Mono_15.7_FIX.vsix".
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Just downloaded CryEngine 5.5.2. Using Visual Studio 2017 community. I installed the .vsix above and see CryEngine Mono Debugger in 'Extensions and Updates' under tools. Opened and tried all three c# templates. They each have References to CryEngine.Common, .Core and .Core.UI.

I want to set a breakpoint and see debugging work. When I have the editor or game running, I try to select 'Debug GameLauncher' or the other options. I get 'Unable to start debuging' The system cannot find the file specificed.

I I tried to attach directly to the sandbox exe. It attached but with the 'No symbols recognized' so no breakpoints. Is there maybe some other step?

Hi there,

You can indeed debug C# in CRYENGINE 5.5.2 with Visual Studio 2017.
First you will want to create a template project via the launcher.
Then Generate a solution for the project by right-clicking the cryproject file and clicking Generate solution.
Once you open the project shortcut that was generated, build the project from the Build menu->Build solution.
Then you can choose "Debug Sandbox" from the debug drop down menu.
From here you can set breakpoints (for example, set a breakpoint on the RequestFire method in rifle.cs, then shoot in-game).

If you have further issues, please let us know.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin