Re: Cannot generate solution

I figured it out. It looks like cryrun.py provides a list of configurations to look for. Works great except that the registry key that it's looking for only applies to non-Express editions. WDExpress.DTE.14.0 is the key for Express, VisualStudio.DTE.14.0 is for Professional (or whatever). There really should be a better warning message and/or a fall back on letting the user pick the generator for cmake. It'd be easy to modify cryrun_gui.py:filter_configs() to simply copy all configurations if none were found in the registry (in fact that's what happens when has_win_modules is false). Or at least update the documentation to say Express is not supported (http://docs.cryengine.com/pages/viewpag ... d=26216214 says "All Editions" are supported). Anyway, I don't know if anyone cares about Visual Studio 2015 Express but for future travelers, this is how you fix it:

1) Open up C:\Program Files (x86)\Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\CRYENGINE_5.4\Tools\CryVersionSelector\cryrun.py
2) Go down to about line 224 and add this:
#Visual Studio 14 2015 Express
{
'title':'Visual Studio 2015 Express Win64',
'cmake_toolchain': 'toolchain\windows\WindowsPC-MSVC.cmake',
'cmake_generator': 'Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64',
'cmake_builddir': 'solutions/win64',
'compiler': { 'reg_key': winreg.HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, 'key_path': '\WDExpress.DTE.14.0' }
},
{
'title':'Visual Studio 2015 Express Win32',
'cmake_toolchain': 'toolchain\windows\WindowsPC-MSVC.cmake',
'cmake_generator': 'Visual Studio 14 2015',
'cmake_builddir': 'solutions/win32',
'compiler': { 'reg_key': winreg.HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, 'key_path': '\WDExpress.DTE.14.0' }
},
3) Fix the indentation(at this time the script uses spaces), the forum butchered the code, even when I used the code tag.

Re: Cannot generate solution

Looks like we missed this one when setting the configurations. I'll add VS2015 Express edition to the available configurations. In CRYENGINE 5.5 this issue has been fixed by showing all the available configurations if none could be found, so if you're using the preview builds you should not have any trouble with this issue anymore.