GameSDK - build and compile solution

How can I generate the solution for the gamesdk (sample assets)
I placed the dll and assets on my project. and I tryed to generate my solution but I just recive the blank dll solution code. on the start I tryed using c++ blank project.
when I place the gamesdk sample assets. I can't get the project to compile a new dll.
but I am not going to use the assets. soon I will remove them. and the code I want to use has a base for the third person camera.

Re: GameSDK - build and compile solution

Perhaps you have misunderstood,
The GameSDK Source code (for the Game DLL) is actually not part of the GameSDK Sample project.

So what is the GameSDK Sample?
The GameSDK Sample project is simply the project in it's built-asset form. All assets have been compiled and packed into .pak files and the source code has been compiled into the Game DLL.

Ok so where is the actual source code for GameSDK?
Github - https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE/tre ... DK/GameDll

If you know the build system you can move that code into the project but tbh this is not necessary and not trivial.

My advice to you;
1. Don't start with GameSDK. Use it to learn, change a few things see how stuff works. But don't base your project on this (imo).
2. Download and install the github engine as per the beginner guides I made for this purpose. (Look in my signature below).
3. If you can, use the latest preview (if you are learning code). If you have trouble, then just use the official release 5.3 atm.

good luck
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin | CMakeLists Gen | C++ Project Templates

Re: GameSDK - build and compile solution

uniflare wrote:Perhaps you have misunderstood,
The GameSDK Source code (for the Game DLL) is actually not part of the GameSDK Sample project.

So what is the GameSDK Sample?
The GameSDK Sample project is simply the project in it's built-asset form. All assets have been compiled and packed into .pak files and the source code has been compiled into the Game DLL.

Ok so where is the actual source code for GameSDK?
Github - https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE/tre ... DK/GameDll

If you know the build system you can move that code into the project but tbh this is not necessary and not trivial.

My advice to you;
1. Don't start with GameSDK. Use it to learn, change a few things see how stuff works. But don't base your project on this (imo).
2. Download and install the github engine as per the beginner guides I made for this purpose. (Look in my signature below).
3. If you can, use the latest preview (if you are learning code). If you have trouble, then just use the official release 5.3 atm.

good luck

OOO my friend. thank you so much.
I have no plans to use all the assets and the base code for my project.

I am in cryengine as leveldesign - modeler - animator etc. (Everything even sounds etc)
But I'm not with c ++
And I'm going to pay a programmer to make changes to the code. Position of the camera, when the camera changes the position of the camera changes etc.

And also the only thing I will use of gamesdk will be the basis of the code.
In the matter of assets - textures - animations. Everything is being done for me. And I already have more than 200GB for the project.
So I'm wanting to change the cryengine base code