Engine Internals, Entities & Properties

Anyone have any idea if there's documentation about the C++ internals of the engine ?!

Explaining a bit on how the engine handles entities, properties and values...
Like this extremely helpful blog post example from Unreal 4 developer:

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog ... reflection

I'm looking for equivalent information on a bunch of engines, CryEngine V included, but I can't find any documentation about it.

Re: Engine Internals, Entities & Properties

We hear you and the community, and thank you for your feedback.
We are working internally on improving our technical documentation.

It would be great if you could specify which specific areas you are interested in, this way you are more likely to get the help you need sooner.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Re: Engine Internals, Entities & Properties

We hear you and the community, and thank you for your feedback.
We are working internally on improving our technical documentation.

It would be great if you could specify which specific areas you are interested in, this way you are more likely to get the help you need sooner.
Thank you for reply!

I am aware that engines are very different now and the core of Lumberyard is older version of CryEngine, modified to work with cloud services...
But for now, I am using these pages as a reference, there is where I've found the info I was looking for about a few internal systems of CryEngine:
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/ ... tions.html

I'd love to see the same level of attention to explain how CryEngine work internally as well.
Even if things goes into theoretical territory, it's important to me to understand the internal routines of an engine before I use it beyond any basic level.

A recent example: without the info Epic provides about their UProperty system and how to reflect those types I would never ever in my life think of being able to develop a custom serializer which parses UProperties from a dedicated game server in runtime then uploads extracted values into a SQLite cache that from there afterwards uploads the UProperty data into a MS Server online database, without any manual interference from designers or programmers... The thing works thanks to the theoretical information I initially was fed with so, I believe, the more info you throw at people the better.

I hate "monkey-see-monkey-doo" tutorials, I'd rather read isolated information about particular systems and come to a conclusion myself, but this is a personal thing...
So I am literally waiting for years (it's been 7 years) until you release detailed technical API specifications before I even think of doing anything serious with CryEngine.

I am talking about this now because I read your blog post talking about new technical writers, I think it's an opportunity, so I hope you don't mind. Thanks!