FP Character Controller only in Schematyk - is it possible in 5.4?

Hey guys!
I know that Schematyk still in beta, but:
I am trying to create a First Person Character USING ONLY Schematyk (in 5.4)... but i have no success so far :(

--> How can i detect the inputs from the keyboard? The "Input" component doesn´t have the "GetKeyValue" anymore.
--> How can i move the character? There is no "Movement" component anymore.
--> How can i control the pitch / yaw of the camera? There is no "CameraController" anymore, and the new "Camera" component does not have nodes for setting pitch / yaw.
--> How should i use the new "Character Controller" component?

A lot of questions, i am starting to think that there is no way to achieve this with Schematyk in 5.4.

Re: FP Character Controller only in Schematyk - is it possible in 5.4?

I tried this early in the previews, I didn't get it fully working. Almost, I don't know if there is a way to set the pitch of a camera just in schematyc.

1. Use Input::RegisterKeyboardAction and Input::RegisterMouseAction
2. CharacterController:AddVelocity, setvelocity, and getvelocity
3. Parent camera to character controller, make sure it faces the same direction as the controller. mouseX rotates the entire controller. There is a rough workaround for getting pitch to work. You have to use a sphere collider for the character controller, then set mouseY to rotate around the pitch axis of the character controller. If you don't use a sphere collider, well...you can't spin a square or cylinder freely on the ground.

Maybe I'll try building one again and post here if I get it working.

I am trying to accomplish the very same :)

For the basic locomotion, i was able to get the player's input by "RegisterMouseAction" and "RegisterKeyboardAction". When the player hits W, i am using the Character Controller "Set Velocity" node in the Update event, with fixed (-5, 0, 0) vector3.

My player moves as expected, but in the Y WORLD axis instead of Y LOCAL COMPONENT AXIS. So it moves always in the same direction, no matter in which direction it is facing.

How can i set the velocity in the correct direction which the player is facing?

I want to use only Schematyk, no code!! ;)

Thanks!!

Just putting my 2 cents here.

You probably won't get very far with pure Schematyk, at least no in the programming side of things.

To get a particular functionality you need for CryTek to have implemented said Schematyk component/interface. ATM plenty of those are missing/incomplete and aren't gonna be updated for a while (soonTM)

I strongly recommend you load up the C++ FPS template and try some code there.....it already has 'basic locomotion' and what not done for ya.