Re: Collection of image-based basic tutorials for CryEngine on Windows

killingspree wrote:Thanks for the tutorial, but ive got a problem with generating solution. When i press the generate solution button a window pops with only the following in it:

Code: Select all

"F:\Program Files..... \cryrun.exe" "projgen" "F:\....\GameSDK.cryproject"
(file path is full and correct) Nothing more, and 1 sec later the window closes without creating solution folder or giveing any error msg. I've installed cmake. Any idea?

If you are using the GameSDK sample project you will have to do a couple things to get things working. If this is the case I would reccomend starting a separate thread about using GameSDK sample project and generating its solution.

Good luck.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Updated a little bit, sorted out a method for thumbnails using a really neat free CDN service called Cloudinary with url-based image transforms (If mentioning a name is against tos feel free to remove this<).
So, right click an image and open in new tab or window to view the full size version (Left clicking just launches the slideshow script).

Also moved section 3.g to 4.h and created a new section 3.g explaining how to use the launcher sandbox with your custom engine.
Uniflare

My personal belongings;

Seems like whatever cryengine forum based thing for viewing images.. is totally broken.. it only shows a low quality small version of the image..actually its pretty useless.. is that the phpbb thing because is kinda rubbish overall.. should remove it.

while if I drag/drop(firefox addon) the image so it opens the image in a new tab it directly loads the full size image.

fyi thanks for the guides

No problem :), I felt like some people we're having trouble following the docs for whatever reason (maybe cant read english/goog translate). I still need to clean it up a little and have a few ideas to expand it a little. It is difficult to get it looking nice and neat atm so I hope the format is good enough for now :). Anchors and Tables would help clean it up ;) ;).

cheers
Uniflare

My personal belongings;

Hello,@uniflare
your tutorials is very good.because there is large and clear screenshot, It's very clear. thank for your tutorials. will you update more tutorials? such as project encryption tutorials.
I made a VR project based official full gamesdk sample with CE5.2.3 version, I want to encrypt game asset and I want to make my game running on the computer that I licensed and specified.if I want to implement this feature.so what can I do?
and by the way ,I want to put flash UI onto 3d model for making 3d UI for VR. but how to make flash UI on 3d model avoid lighting influence from scene?

Hey ce_cat thanks for the kind words.
I would do a complete release build guide but I have no assets to compile as test atm.
GameSDK seems to have either missing or corrupted anim dba and caf files necessary for release built game.

AFAIK to load GSDK sample assets in release built game you need to modify engine source code to force ca_useimg_caf to 0. This may cause other issues such as higher disk access etc.

Encryption i will take a look maybe i can test just this part but would rather a full guide like this.

3d vr ui you may need to use scaleform licensed to modify and extend code. You could check default ui, it uses special shaders. Otherwise you may need to modify and extend at least your own shader or render pass.

If you still have issues i would ask in a thread that will get more attention from more people :).

Good luck
Uniflare

My personal belongings;

uniflare wrote:Hey ce_cat thanks for the kind words.
I would do a complete release build guide but I have no assets to compile as test atm.
GameSDK seems to have either missing or corrupted anim dba and caf files necessary for release built game.

AFAIK to load GSDK sample assets in release built game you need to modify engine source code to force ca_useimg_caf to 0. This may cause other issues such as higher disk access etc.

Encryption i will take a look maybe i can test just this part but would rather a full guide like this.

3d vr ui you may need to use scaleform licensed to modify and extend code. You could check default ui, it uses special shaders. Otherwise you may need to modify and extend at least your own shader or render pass.

If you still have issues i would ask in a thread that will get more attention from more people :).

Good luck

I followed tutorials to build my custom engine in VS2015,but It's failed in the end.there was some errors in the output log.

Output:
34> CryNetwork.vcxproj -> F:\software\CRYENGINE Launcher\source code\Cryengine_5.3.2\CRYENGINE-5.3.2\bin\win_x64\CryNetwork.dll
34> CryNetwork.vcxproj -> F:/software/CRYENGINE Launcher/source code/Cryengine_5.3.2/CRYENGINE-5.3.2/bin/win_x64/CryNetwork.pdb (Full PDB)
41> CryRenderOpenGL_CryRenderer_uber_3.cpp
41> CryRenderOpenGL_CryRenderer_uber_4.cpp
41> CryRenderOpenGL_CryRenderer_uber_5.cpp
41> CryRenderOpenGL_CryRenderer_uber_6.cpp
41> Creating library F:/software/CRYENGINE Launcher/source code/Cryengine_5.3.2/CRYENGINE-5.3.2/solutions_cmake/win64/CryEngine/RenderDll/XRenderD3D9/Profile/CryRenderOpenGL.lib and object F:/software/CRYENGINE Launcher/source code/Cryengine_5.3.2/CRYENGINE-5.3.2/solutions_cmake/win64/CryEngine/RenderDll/XRenderD3D9/Profile/CryRenderOpenGL.exp
41> CryRenderOpenGL.vcxproj -> F:\software\CRYENGINE Launcher\source code\Cryengine_5.3.2\CRYENGINE-5.3.2\bin\win_x64\CryRenderOpenGL.dll
41> CryRenderOpenGL.vcxproj -> F:/software/CRYENGINE Launcher/source code/Cryengine_5.3.2/CRYENGINE-5.3.2/bin/win_x64/CryRenderOpenGL.pdb (Full PDB)
69>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Profile x64 ------
69> Building Custom Rule F:/software/CRYENGINE Launcher/source code/Cryengine_5.3.2/CRYENGINE-5.3.2/CMakeLists.txt
69> CMake does not need to re-run because F:\software\CRYENGINE Launcher\source code\Cryengine_5.3.2\CRYENGINE-5.3.2\solutions_cmake\win64\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
70>------ Skipped Rebuild All: Project: INSTALL, Configuration: Profile x64 ------
70>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
========== Rebuild All: 60 succeeded, 4 failed, 6 skipped ==========